After using a hell of a lot of cosmetics, I got so dead bored with all the lip products, especially because they’re all the same. The lipsticks, lip glosses, lip liners, all unvaried. Though the cosmetic companies have always tried to modernise on these very basic lip products, I’ve felt the same and they were all comparable.
One day whilst checking out the sites of a few cosmetic brands, I came across something called a “lip tint.” It caught my attention. I searched on a few sites and gathered some information about it, I was very impressed with the concept!
I then discovered that Maybelline and Revlon both make lip tints and I ran across all the counters in Hyderabad, but was so disappointed when I was told that they have been discontinued.
I then found this lip tint from Max Factor which I thought would answer my dream 🙂
It is similar to the lip tint that I fell for, when I saw online. So, I tried a few colors there and because I wanted a lip tint with a very natural hue, I picked Shade-02 of Max Factor Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint. Out of all the shades I found at the counter, I felt this was the lightest and the most natural, hence I bought it!
In that ecstatic mood, I rushed home to try it out on myself, but it was not what I expected, not a whit. Yes, it dries out after application. It doesn’t show up any shine, but I was not happy with it.
Let me tell you why.
- I discovered that if you are one of those women with pigmented lips, this product is not for you. You would hate it and absolutely! It does not offer any coverage, not a little bit of it! I am guessing darker shades would, but lighter shades no day will do that, and I don’t think you should expect a lip tint to offer coverage.
- My lips are a little pigmented at the end, and they looked a disaster there! The beautiful pink shade got so dark and made my lips look like I have lined them with the darkest and lamest brown lip pencil just at the little corner there! I hated that! How could I wear the lip tint? I was looking pathetic with that dark lining on my lips just at that one corner! God! That was a nightmare. I tried covering it up in many ways, but I failed.
- Do not be fooled by how the colour looks on your hand or on the tube. It is actually much darker when you put it on your lips. Just try out patiently with one application and judge it only after it dries off completely. Do not hurriedly apply it ten times on your lips, because then, you will look like you got stuck with a permanent marker! One application will give you reasonable and desirable amount of colour on your lips according to me. Be careful about that!
- Another turn off with this lip tint is that it is very difficult and irritating to remove the stain. It stains your lips spectacularly! You will hate it! It is such a job to get it off your lips! (My mom was so annoyed one night, she asked me why I was wearing make up at home! What should I tell her? That I spent 630 rupees to get myself looking like a dimwit?) I give up every time! Maybe because it is the property of the lip tint to dry on the lips that this happens, but who cares?
- It is easy and quick to apply, but you should be careful not to apply too much of it on your lips as it could over-stain them and getting rid of the stain from your lips is not an easy job!
- Do not leave the cap open, it will dry out, happened to my friend 🙁
- Please and please first try it on your lips at the store and then buy only if you are okay with it. Do not take a chance. We are not getting it cheap or for free. You have all the right.
To those women blessed with beautiful lips without any pigmentation at all, this would work great. Though everybody will have the shade-trouble and problem with removing it, I think it would still be satisfactory if lip tint is something that you want, something very dry on your lips, yet adding that beautiful stain to them!
Some might feel it too dry on the lips and apply a lip balm or a gloss over the lips, but what I ask is, if you put a lip balm or a gloss over the lip tint, it looks similar to a lipstick or any other lip product, “then why buy the lip tint? Try keeping your lips dry when you wear the lip tint, trust me, it looks beautiful that way.
The staying power is something with which I am happy. Like I said, the stain never comes off, so it is pretty obvious that the lip tint stays for VERY long, 5 hours and 20-30% of the color might reduce, but for all the color to come off from your lips, you should make an effort!
It has a fruity smell and tastes sweet 😛 ( Yes, I licked my lips, happy?)
Oh dearies! I hate the packaging! My 6-year-old cousin would come up with something better looking and creative. Huh!
It is a marker pen like. Smooth and easy to apply. Works the same way as a felt-tipped pen.
The extended range of our Lip Tint pens showcases 5 vibrant new shades which use more intense pigment yet retain the same lightweight feel. You get all the colour without the sticky opaqueness of traditional lipsticks. The formula is water based and permeates the upper layers of the lips to create non-transferable layers of colour with depth and intensity that you build using the pen applicator. Get intense. Don’t get heavy. Formula is water based and permeates the upper layers of the lips to create kissproof layers of colour. The handy pen applicator lets you contour and define then build depth and intensity, to create the perfect level of colour for you. So get intense. Don’t get heavy.
Pros of Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint:
- Very long lasting, you should literally scrub your lips to get it off from your lips.
- Looks amazing on the lips when worn. It being natural depends on the shade you select. This shade is pretty natural.
- Easy and quick to apply.
- Easy to carry around.
- Kiss proof 😛 , because the colors are infused into the lips (huge advantage! :P)
Cons of Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint:
- Could be the worst nightmare for people with pigmented lips. I personally can tell you, please do not buy the lighter shades of this if you have got pigmented lips.
- Very difficult to remove.
- Dries off if the cap is left open for a little long.
- Hate the packaging.
- It sticks in the cracks of the lips like dried blood. You got to have smooth lips for a better look.
Please try it at the store. Select shades that suit you only. I believe if you want a lip tint, then you should accept that fact that lip tints indeed take time to be removed because they evidently dry on your lips, but it is a great product if you exactly know what lip tints are and if that is all you expect from them.
Will I Buy Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint Again?
Yes, but the little pigmentation at the corner on my lips is something that is making me think, but I really want to buy it because I love lip tints. They are very natural, very soon I am going to get another.
Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation
MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation
Maxfactor Pan Stik Foundation
Blush: MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush Review, Swatches
Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss Review, Swatches, Application
Max Factor Silk Gloss (Shimmer Gloss) Photos, Swatches
Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss
MaxFactor Lipfinity Lip Colour Almost Almond
Lakme Just Kissed Cheek and Lip Tint
Water Based Lip Tint Bourjois Rouge Hi Tech 85 Groseille Irreelle
Revlon Beyond Natural Protective Liptint
How To Apply Lip Stain
Tony Moly Berry Berry Magic Lip Tint in Strawberry
Etos Lip and Cheek Stain: Benefit Benetint Dupe
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Boots Essentials Tinted Lip Salve Vs Strawberry Lip Salve
The Body Shop Tailored Cheek Tint Hot Pink