Maxfactor and Maybelline are the two brands which I haul on the most. They never disappoint me and always have something new up their sleeve.
I have been using eye makeup since ages. Though I love liners a lot… I absolutely love eye pencils. They are very versatile. You can wear them in many ways… Smudge them to get the smokey look. I love to colour my waterline. Pencils are also the easiest to use and are the best bet if you are in a hurry. (Which we always are!!!)
My first buy ever from Maxfactor was their eye pencils. I bought a colour called Charcoal Grey. I bought it more than a year ago. I don’t remember the exact price but it was around Rs.500/- (Indian rupees). I’ll confirm the exact price in a few days. I’ll be chucking it in june, so I thought I should review it now. It is one of my favourite colours and I reach out for it very often. It is a grey which will not make you look dull.
I also got a small Midnight Black pencil free. In fact, you get it with any Maxfactor purchase. I have four of them. 😉 It is an intense black. It is the blackest black I have ever used.
Here are the beauties-
The black one is unused. It is tiny and very cute. The grey one used to be more than twice the length it is now.
Here are some things that I love about Maxfactor Eye pencils-
- They are wooden pencils. I love wooden casing, as it hold the tip better.
- They are very, very creamy. They just glide effortlessly on the lid.
- Are pretty long lasting.
- The midnight black smudges like crazy but the Charcoal grey does not smudge at all.
- I apply the black one regularly on my waterline and it has never irritated or stung my eyes.
- The pencils are very colour intense. One swipe will give you the exact colour.
- I apply the grey over and over again but it remains grey. It does not become black. What I mean to say is that it is a grey not just a lighter black.
- These can be smudged within a minute of application. The grey one won’t budge after a minute, but the black one does feather a lot.
- These are available in many other colours. They have Black, Charcoal Grey, Brown, White, olive and Ice Blue.
- The brown is very nice. It is very similar to Colorbar’s I –glide Cocobar shade. The olive and Ice blue shades are light and bright. But I think they’ll not suit Indian brown skin tones at all.
- The grey is great for day wear as it defines eyes in a subtle way.
- Here I am wearing the Charcoal Grey on upper lash line and midnight black on the lower lash line.
Maxfactor Lip liner:
- This summer I am obsessed with Lip pencils. I love the way they give me a matte finish, feel light on my lips and last sooooo long!!
- I bought this colour 02 Blush from Maxfactor about a month ago. It cost me Rs. 360/-.
- It is a nudish pink colour and I fell in love with the swatch.
- But when I tried it at home, it made me look pale and washed out. I was so sad because I really loved that colour.
- But can I really give up on a product??? Hell, no!!
- I tried it on my eyes. I filled up my eye lid with this and Voila!!! It looked fabulous. It matched my skin tone so much; I looked like I was wearing nothing on my eyes. And still it looked fabulous!!
- See, here I am wearing the colour on my eye lid. It looks absolutely natural.
- It has become a staple for me this summer.
- It does not settle into lines. Does not get washed out with sweat. Stays on until I clean it off.
- This one showed me that you can create something special if you break the rules. This looks and stays better than any eye shadow I have ever tried (Except maybe for the Maybelline Shadow Stylist!!).
- It is very creamy for a lip liner. I love Colorbar’s lip liners but they are slightly sticky and hard. This one is very smooth.
- When I wore it under a dark brown lipstick, it mellowed the colour down.
- It looks very good when used alone on the lips too. I am gonna buy some more shades in this to use as lip colours alone.
- It has a plastic casing. I think it is too creamy to hold in a wooden case.
My overall experience with Maxfactor Eye and lip pencils-
- They are creamy and smooth.
- Packaging is good. They come sealed in a plastic cover.
- The caps shut tight. I always carry them around but never had a problem.
- They are colour intense and last really long. I am gonna have to chuch almost 40% of the grey pencil.
- They are good value for money. Although the eye pencil is slightly costly. It lasts really long.
Overall Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: + 0.5