Maxfactor Lipfinity Color and Gloss – Review, Swatches, Application
I have always been a great fan of natural make-up look, which I always find refreshing and rejuvenating to look at. With my experience till now, it is one kind of a make up that suits all face and skin types. Needless to say, I was on a hunt to get natural shade lipsticks. It was the time (around a year back) when I didn’t know much about lip glosses and lip colors, so when I came across Maxfactor Lipfinity Color and Gloss, I was quite delighted to find it providing a combination of both gloss and color. I bought one of these particular shades, when I was in New York for $9 approximately. The product came up with two sided containers and applicators offering 3 ml of each color and gloss separately.
Since, I was a novice in the whole lipstick and lipgloss business, I found it safe to go with the most natural color, which could suit my lips and wouldn’t make me an obvious fool if the colors didn’t work out well :P. Anyways, there are many varieties of color-gloss combination available in range, and you can choose from bright red to subtle pink and lavender colored gloss as well!!
Below is the shade, which I chose.
And, here are the swatches:
Let me give a quick review of what I liked about the product followed by what I didn’t like.
What I liked about Maxfactor Lipfinity Color and Gloss?
- The lip gloss is absolutely awesome, the shine is neither too overwhelming on lips, nor too sparse. It works with perfect balance.
- The gloss is too light to carry and doesn’t feel sticky on the lips.
- The lip color that I chose, suits my natural look and really accentuates my face.
- Both the color and the gloss can be applied separately. However, the application of lip-color has some problems because of which I apply it using a certain technique which I’ll describe below.
- The color and gloss have excellent retention. I wear it daily and it stays on me even after lunch, so you can count that stay for around 5-6 hours.
- It comes with separate sponge tip wands, which makes it really easy to apply.
What I didn’t like about Maxfactor Lipfinity Color and Gloss?
- The lip color has too much matte effect, though it doesn’t dry out instantly the moment you place it on you lips. But, it may dry out on sponge, while you are applying and blending the color on your lips. This may make it difficult for your lips to get an evenly natural finish. I might be naïve in the application, but I found this annoying as I have to keep putting gloss and mixing the color well on my lips to get an even and natural finish.
- Nothing apart from the above problem
Since, I find it difficult to apply the color quickly and get done with the lip work, I follow the following procedure of applying this product.
1) Apply the gloss first.
2) Take the natural shade lip liner of your choice (if you are going with bold colors, choose a lip liner of that shade), and outline your lips with it.
3) Blend the liner with the gloss.
4) Take the lip color and gently apply to your lips carefully, so that you get an even finish all over your lips.
Will I buy the product?
Yes, but I may choose a different shade too, in addition to the natural shade I have as of now. The range is indeed good, and I am open to experiment with other colors in it! 🙂
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*