I never had dark circles until a year ago. Since last year I have started my own business and I work on the computer for about 12 hrs a day. Recreation is net surfing, reading the lovely makeup blogs around and looking up fun makeup stuff. So that’s about one more hour at the computer. Result…… I have developed the dreaded under eye circles!!!! Can’t help it… So gotta hide it…
It was then that I started looking for concealers. It was my bad luck that the day I started looking for concealers, Colorbar stopped marketing them. So my search landed me at a Maxfactor counter.
There are two types of concealers available with Maxfactor. One is a click pen type which is a creamy liquid one and other is the Pan Stik. No I have not misspelt it, it is named Pan Stik.
I chose the Pan Stik as it is meant for Normal to Dry skin. Now the Pan Stik is actually a Foundation + Concealer. But I cannot imagine putting on such thick, heavymakeup on my face. So it is strictly a concealer for me.
It is priced at Rs. 660/- for 9g.
Here is my Pan Stik-
Please don’t mind the scratched and soiled cover. Actually the store I bought it from had put innumerable stickers on top of it. I got irritated and pulled them off. Then I tried to clean out the glue with nail polish remover which destroyed the plastic. Anyways, coming to the product inside……
Pros of Maxfactor Pan Stik Foundation Swatch- Blended
- It is a fantastic concealer. I have small but dark under eye area. This one covers it up beautifully.
- It is very easy to use. Despite of it being my first concealer I never had any problems using it.
- I have the shade called 96 Bisque ivory. This is slightly lighter than my foundation. I didn’t mean it to be, but it turned out that way.
- It suits me well and I do not end up looking like a pale ghost.
- It rotates upwards like a lipstick and is about the same size. So it is easy to carry around.
- It conceals acne and blemishes well too.
- It is very creamy and blends easily. I moisturize very well before applying this, which makes it glide even better.
- Needless to say, it does not dry me out at all.
- Does not break me out at all either.
- It does not highlight my dry patches.
- I was very wary of putting anything so close to my eyes, as they are sensitive and water a lot. But this one is very comfortable and does not sting at all.
- It has no fragrance as such.
- Very little amount is required.
- It does not cause me to sweat. Whenver I apply creamy or liquid foundations, my forehead starts sweating a lot. This causes my foundation to streak and feather. This one did nothing of the sort.
- I am using this everyday and I have got pretty used to it. Now I feel oddly exposed without it. I love it.
Cons of Maxfactor Pan Stik Foundation
- It does not have any sun protection.
- It does not bear the ingredients list. Actually it comes without an outer box. So very limited info is given.
- You can go easily overboard with this. Less is more with this. If you take it even a little further it starts looking fake and cakey.
- I apply it on top of my tinted moisturizer to avoid going OTT.
- Shade selection is limited and most shades have pink undertones. Most Indian skin tones have yellow undertones. They could do with a warmer colour palette.
- It is fairly priced with respect to the quantity. But I don’t think I am ever gonna finish it up. I’ll have to throw away at least half of it. So that’s some wastage. I would have preferred a smaller size.
Directions for use:
Nothing is given on the pack. But here are some tips I find useful-
- Swipe the pan stik under the eyes and blend using a damp sponge. I tried blending this with fingers, but it is too heavy. A sponge helps in blending and prevents pulling of the delicate under-eye skin.
- Conceal acne and blemish marks with a pan cake brush. This is a local brush I use. It helps in blending and precise application.
- After you are done applying dab a cotton pad soked in water over the eyes. I do the warm hands tip from Rati’s Foundation Tutorial to set it.
- Dab a little compact or loose powder to finish.
Overall verdict: It is GOOD. It works, conceals most of the thing I want to. It suits my skin tone and skin texture. So I am happy with it.
I have not used any concealer before so cannot compare it with other products. But I am quite content with it.
I would give it
Until I find something better, this is my favourite concealer.
Which is your favourite brand for base makeup?
- MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation Review
- Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation Review
- Colorbar Concealer is the secret of my bright eyes
BUY Max Factor’s Pan Stick Foundation from Indian Makeup and Beauty Store