After all the reviews about Maybelline lip colors on IMBB, I am going to review yet another one from the “Color Sensational” range.
Crisper color from pure pigments. Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
Rs. 299 for 4.2 gm.
The packaging is a sleek, rectangular container, and I love-love-love the purple case. The only problem that I find with all Maybelline lip colors is that the logo is not printed or engraved anywhere on the case in any of their collections. Its only printed on a paper sticker on the case. I happen to carry my lip colors in my bag and over a period of time, the stickers turn blank and then there is no brand-identification on the case. Though this shouldn’t make much difference, but why can’t they have the brand name on the case?? Once a colleague asked me what brand lip color I was using, while I was doing my hair in the office wash room and she poked her nose into my make-up pouch. As she could not find the brand name on the case, she must have thought that I use some “local, road-side, Rs. 20 wala lip color.” :(( :sidefrown: This range was new at that time and she didn’t know this case was from Maybelline.
Availability in India:
Maybelline products are very easily available in India, both through retail stores and online.
My Experience with Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Mauve-Ulous:
I have quite a few shades from Maybelline and I find their lipsticks to be of decent quality, considering the retail price. Mauve-ulous is another brilliant shade from Maybelline Color Sensational range. It is butter smooth in application, is moisturising, without shimmer/glitter and the color-payoff is good too. The color is a “proper mauve,” if that makes any sense.
Pros of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Mauve-Ulous:
- Decently priced.
- The lipsticks from Maybelline are quite moisturising, hence one may not need to use lip balm additionally.
- Provides good coverage for pigmented lips.
- Staying power on average is 2-3 hours, after which the color starts fading and needs touch-up.
- Color payoff is good. Color can be built-up, depending on the need and mood 😀
- The lip color does not bleed or feather.
- Mauve-ulous is an excellent shade to wear with traditional Indian clothes. It really does justice to the suits and sarees we Indian girls wear, perfect for weddings.
- The shade is good for both day and evening wear. Also, in my opinion, the shade will suit all complexions well.
For reference, I have swatched this shade against two very popular shades from Maybelline, Dusky Mauve (already reviewed by Neha) and Pure Plum (reviewed by Neha), though both these shades are from the Moisture Extreme range.
Please find below the shade comparison:
Cons of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Mauve-Ulous:
- Maybelline is not a cruelty-free brand, they test on animals.
Will I Buy Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Mauve-Ulous Again?
Yes, it’s a perfect mauve for my pigmented lips.
4.5/5 (deducted half mark for testing on animals).
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Totally Toffee Review, Swatch
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop Review, Swatch
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Coral Crush Review, Swatch
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plaza Pink
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss Mocha Glaze
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick Autumn Rush, Blushing Brunette