How are you all? Winter is in its full potential and the chill and dryness in the air has also increased, I just love that hot water shower and drying hair under the afternoon sun, ahhh! It feels so awesome. I am here with my second shade from the Colorshow range, actually I have only four of them, will soon be reviewing Mauve Power, Violet Vibe and Hot chocolate. Maybelline did a great job by launching these pretty vibrant shades. Let’s see how this shade fared on me.
- Intense Fashionable Lip Color
- Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
- It stays for up to four to five hours.
- The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
- It does not smear or smudge.
- It does not settle in lines.
- As its highly moisturizing, you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
Price: INR 299 for 3.9 g.
Packaging: The lipstick comes in a classic black and silver bullet body. The only twist is a colored rim around the body that indicates the color family to which the shade belongs too; and Cream caramel is from the brownish family. The cap shuts off with a click and remains closed tightly. There is a shade indicator sticker at the bottom which also bears the shade name. The packaging is simple yet chic and travel friendly.
My Take on Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Cream Caramel:
Shade: The bullet appears to be a burnt orange color but on lips Cream Caramel is a subtle orangey coral shade, with some hint of pink to it; the shade has very micro fine golden shimmers to it, which gives the shade a warm glow. The shade is almost very close to the shade Orange Icon, but it’s more a subtle orange color. It’s not a bright orange shade it has some pink hint to it, a suitable coral shade for dusky skin tones. The color will brighten up every skin tone and can be worn every day.
Texture and Finish: The texture of the lipstick is super creamy and smooth, it glides effortlessly on lips. It feels very hydrating and quite comfortable on lips, the lipstick won’t exaggerate dry lips but there are chances of it to settle down on fine lines of lips. The lipstick won’t bleed a bit; even if it has been built in layers. There’s a slight fruity smell in the lipstick, which is yummy and isn’t over powering. The finish is neither matte nor overly glossy; but kind of appears creamy matte on lips, probably more on the matte side rather than glossy.
Pigmentation: The lipstick has very decent pigmentation but still on the sheer side, the coverage is not super thick and opaque. One swipe will deliver even color on lips without getting patchy or uneven, but still the flaws of lips will be visible by a closer look. Extremely pigmented lips will need to layer it on for good coverage.
Staying Power: The lipstick stayed on me for 3 hours completely, without eating anything. This shade is a staining one, and the stain again lasts for 1 more hour after fading. I won’t consider the staying power very bad, but the extremely creamy finish kind of starts fading after 2.5 hrs, but doesn’t become too dry. You’ll need to touch up after eating anything. The color transfers easily and shimmer sticks on lips while fading which I really didn’t liked.
Pros of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Cream Caramel:
- The color is a pretty orangey coral pink color, will suit every skin tone, I think a perfect coral shade for dusky skin tones.
- The shade will instantly brighten up every skin tone.
- Texture is very buttery smooth and creamy, but not very balmy or matte either.
- Pigmentation is very good but on the sheer side, 1 swipe delivers around 80% color on lips.
- Packaging is quite handy and attractive.
- The lipstick is very moisturizing.
- Finish is nice creamy matte kind.
- Reasonably priced.
Cons of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Cream Caramel:
- If you won’t like shimmery lipsticks you may not like the shade.
- The shimmers will stick behind and becomes quite noticeable while the lipstick is fading.
- The lipstick is quite on the sheer side, so I can’t complain about the opacity.
- Staying power would have been better, as it’ll lasts on lips for 3 hrs without eating anything. If you’re eating anything you’ll need to re-apply it.
- The lipstick settles on lip lines.
Would I Recommend Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Cream Caramel?
Yes, off course, we finally have come to know that almost all the shades in this range are on the sheer side, and the cons are not really impact-able. So you can really go for this shade, it’s a pretty subtle orangey coral shade, that’ll suit every skin tone and you can wear it everyday.
IMBB Rating: 4.4/ 5.
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick Caramel Cream
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Bonbon Caramel Toffee Cream
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick: 08 Chocolate Temptation
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks Photos and Swatches
Streetwear Color Rich Ultramoist Lipstick – Crisp Caramel
Faces Glam on Color Perfect Lipstick Caramel & Sugar
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lipcolour in Molten Caramel
LA Colors Lipstick in Matte Caramel Cream
Lakme Absolute Creme Lipsticks Glamour Daze, Caramel Kiss, Plum Forever
51 Lipstick Lip Swatches You May Have Missed!