WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi IMBB beauties! Today I’m reviewing one of my earliest purchases from Maybelline- nail paint in shade ‘Dusty Rose’. The shade is a deep brick shade with a pink undertone- gives a glossy finish and does not contain any shimmer/glitter particles. When I purchased this shade more than a year ago, I was quite ignorant about makeup but I did use nail paints regularly though I stuck to ‘safe’ shades and hardly experimented. The shade fell in the ‘safe’ universally flattering category and thus I picked it up.
Price: Rs 75
Quantity: 8 ml
What I like about Maybelline colorama Dusty Rose-
1. The shade is very flattering and would suit all skin tones.
2. Gives opaque color in single coat.
3. Does not chip for 4-5 days easily when used even without top coat.
4. Good quality brush- easy application.
5. Gives nice glossy finish to nails that doesn’t fade.
6. One of those shades that makes the hands appear fairer 😛
What I don’t like about Maybelline colorama Dusty Rose-
1. The color applies a little streaky- need to apply it ‘thickly’ to get uniform coat. However, that’s not a big CON.
2. The color of the nail paint seems to have darkened over time. I don’t know if nail paints oxidize or something but I’m pretty sure the shade was not this dark when I’d purchased it.
3. The consistency is a little too runny- need to be a little careful while applying as the brush picks up a lot of product.
4. The shade name ‘Dusty Rose’ doesn’t really go with the actual shade of the nail paint.
Overall verdict: It is one of the better nail paints from Maybelline when it comes to consistency and texture. The shade is a beautiful deep brick shade that’ll flatter all skin tones. The application is a little streaky and the nail paint a little too runny but that’s not a big problem. Two coats applied without top coat retain the semi-glossy opaque finish and don’t chip for 4-5 days easily and even longer.
Will I repurchase: Not such a big fan of the shade ..so NO.
An Open Letter to Maybelline India
Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial- Maybelline Chai Latte Quad
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Colorbar Hard As Nails and Maybelline Colorama Nailpaints Overview
NYX Powder Blush Dusty Rose Review, Swatch