WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello IMBB addicts,
Maybelline is showering us with their new launches and don’t we love them? They launch awesome stuff which are perfect budget buys! I loved the concept of velvet mattes because they were really different then what I have used previously. And now wrapping up that range, I finally present you velvet matte in “MAT 4”. Scroll to know more about the shade.
Price: Rs 475
Get petal smooth lips with Maybelline New York’s New Color Sensational Velvet Matte Lipsticks This season is all about Mattes! Give your lips a petal smooth finish with Maybelline New York’s New Color Sensational Velvet Matte Lipsticks. We bring to you a Liquid to Matte sensation with New Color Sensational Velvet Matte. This innovative “Liquid to Matte” product is a hydrating cream color that glides on smooth and sets with a matte finish. It comes in 8 trendy colors that are not only designed for long wear but are also lightweight. The velvety, buttery cushion-like texture keeps lips in comfort all day. Here’s your go-to matte lipstick; that will always make you look chic and classy.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
• Its hydrating formula keeps lips non-sticky, non-chalky and hydrated all day long.
• Available in 7 vibrant, richly-pigmented hues.
• It is lightweight, making it perfect for long wear.
My Experience with Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 4:
Packaging: Maybelline mostly had glossy and creamy ranges and I am so happy they came out with some matte ones for matte lovers! The velvet mattes come in a fancy packaging same as the lip polishes. They have transparent square bottle with the shade easily visible which helps me to pick the one I want to rock for the day. It has a black matte cap which totally complements the bottle. These look very cute and being so tiny, they can be easily carried in the pocket, clutch, handbag or would just occupy a little space in the vanity.
The shades I picked are Mat 6, Mat 8, Mat 11 and Mat 4. Why do they call it this way? Wouldn’t some cute names have been better and less confusing? Anyways, we have to bear with the series names. The wand is nicely shaped but we have to be a little careful during application because it is intensely pigmented and any mistake will cause a lot of smudging. Also, applying it with a lip brush proves to be more helpful and defines the outline in a better way than the wand.
Consistency: The consistency is thick and creamy. The shade is totally opaque without any shimmers in it which is the best part. It is actually velvety smooth and glides very smoothly on the lips without settling into fine lines.
Shade: The shade “MAT 4” is a very beautiful blend of florescent orange and pink which gives rise to a pretty coral shade. It is a very fresh and a summery shade hence I would call it apt for summers. It has slight neon hints but those hints won’t wash out any skin-tone. It adds an immediate pop to my lips adding some spice to the neutral every-day make-up. It is pretty much more suitable for the younger generation rather than mature ladies. It will compliment fair to medium skin-tones and might wash out the dusky beauties a little. It is a little tricky shade to handle because it looks very neon initially but it soon settles down in 10-15 minutes and looks very cute.
Finish: The finish is not matte at all. But I wouldn’t mind because velvety matte means there has to be some creaminess in the lip colour. But this looks extremely glossy for the initial hour like you can see in the swatches. After an hour, it intensifies becoming like a thick cream. It looks semi-matte to me. And after 5-6 hours, it finally turns matte.
Staying power: I love the staying power of these velvet mattes! Looking at the creamy texture I never thought these would stay on for so long. The intense pigmentation stays for around 4-5 hours and then loses a little bit of colour. It does survive meals and snacks too but transfers a lot when we sip water. After 5-6 hours, I can see a bright coral stain which does not look dull at any point. In fact, it will stay there till you remove it. I kept the stain as it is for 3-4 hours and then when I tried to remove it, it did not come off! I used 3 make-up removers and yet it did not come off. So I would advise not to keep the stain on the lips for long.
Overall, damn cute ones, and pretty shades to choose from.
Pros of Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 4:
• Tiny size which makes it travel-friendly.
• The packaging is flawless because the see-through packaging makes it very easy to spot the shade for the day and also the wand is perfectly shaped and good in quality.
• Perfectly priced for the quality and the formula.
• The shade is a very fresh and a poppy coral which is apt for summers; it instantly adds freshness to a dull look.
• A decent coral with little neon hints but the shade is very buildable.
• It creates a vibrant pop on the face and adds some bright spice to the no make-up look.
• The consistency is velvety smooth and the pigmentation is super awesome.
• It does not settle in fine lines nor does it highlight the chapped areas.
• It is a semi matte formula, but it does not dry out the lips at any point; it gives good amount of hydration actually.
• It stayed for 7-8 on my lips turning totally matte after 5 hours with a full meal and snacks eaten twice.
• The beautiful coral stain stays on my lips forever.
Cons of Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 4:
• I wish they had some nice names.
• The formula is not completely matte initially till 5 hours.
• Will suit only fair to medium skin tone.
• It is difficult to remove if the stain is kept on the lips for long.
IMBB Rating: 3.8/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 4?
Yes I do recommend this range to all who like creamy semi matte shades! But I would like to ask you to swipe these at the counter first as these are not ultra matte. As far as my picks are concerned, I would splurge on the other shades and not this one as I like the others better. But summer is coming and this shade screams summer, so have a look!
Maybelline Colorsensational Velvet Matte Mat 1 Review
Maybelline Colorsensational Velvet Matte Mat 5 Review
Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 6 Review
Maybelline Colorsensational Velvet Matte Mat 7 Review
Maybelline ColorSensational Velvet Matte Mat 8 Review
Maybelline Colorsensational Velvet Matte Mat 10 Review
Maybelline Colorsensational Velvet Matte Mat 11 Review