WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I’m back with the review of another lipstick from Maybelline’s recently launched Color show lipsticks range. The one I’m reviewing in this post is called 309- Caramel Custard. Read on to find out more about it!
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick description and price in India -Rs.299.00
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
• It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
How to use: For a perfect lip shape: start in the middle of the lips, smoothing out to the corners of the mouth.
Product price: INR 299 for 3.9 gm.
Best before: 36 months
My take on Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
Packaging: the Color Show lipsticks by Maybelline come in rather boring and cheap quality packaging. They’re black in color and the plastic looks breakable. The middle of the tube denotes which family of colors it belongs to, like red for shades of red, pink for shades of pink and so on; this one is transparent brown because this lipstick is caramel in color. The sticker at the bottom denotes the shade number, shade name, date of mfg etc. it is sleek and tiny in size and so, travel friendly also.
Texture: the texture of these lipsticks is like I mentioned in all my previous posts on Maybelline Color show lipsticks also, my most favorite part about these lipsticks. It’s super soft and creamy in texture without being greasy or sticky. Also, it feels very light on the lips, almost like a lip balm only. Application is very smooth, but the lipstick settles into fine lines on lips, though that can be rectified if the lips are properly scrubbed beforehand. I don’t like only one thing about it, and that’s that it smells really weird when first applied, though the scent subsides after a few minutes but still…
Shade: The shade is called Caramel Custard is, like the name suggests, similar to what caramel looks like. It’s a nice everyday wear, MLBB kind of color and will suit most skin tones. Also, this lip color can look really pretty if teamed with nice eye makeup. It’s one of those shades that can be worn when you’re confused over which lip color to wear because I’m pretty sure, it’ll go with every outfit for every occasion possible. it is not matte nor is it really glossy though it gives a very pretty sheen to the lips. It gives medium coverage to lips and 2-3 swipes are more than enough to get the shade as appears in the bullet.
Longevity: this lipstick doesn’t stay on me for more 2.5-3 hours because it’s not a very bright color as such. It requires a touch up very often else it starts fading completely, leaving no stain behind on my lips since my lips are kind of pigmented..
Pros of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
• The price of these lipsticks is one of the best things about it. I mean INR 299 is a steal!
• Slender and sleek packaging makes it travel friendly.
• Decent quality and texture.
• The texture is very smooth and creamy and also feels very light on the lips.
• Wide range of colors to choose from, starting from pinks to purples to browns to reds. so something for everyone.
• Nice MLBB color that should suit most skin tones.
• I haven’t noticed any smudging/ smearing as such.
Cons of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
• The packaging is what I just do not like about these lipsticks. If not better, the packaging could have at least been similar to the quality of packaging of Maybelline Water Shine lipsticks.
• Stays on for 2.5 hours max on me. Needs a touch up every now and then.
• Settles into fine lines on lips.
• Has a weird scent.
• The lipstick can melt because it is so creamy and buttery in texture.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard?
I like this color and it suits me too so yes, I’ll buy the same shade again as soon as I run out of this one. And I do recommend it to everyone.
IMBB rating: 4.25/5
Conclusion on Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard:
It’s a nice warm lipstick which is smooth and creamy and texture. I’m really happy I bought it. hehe!
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon
5 Nail Arts with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paints
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – Shiny Beige
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – 06 Noble Purple
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick Caramel Cream Review
Snoe Beauty Fresh Custard Face and Body Powder – Tropical Cocktail