I am going to start this post on a very happy note because this is my 55th post on IMBB. I know, I know, 55 is not a number I should celebrate and I should have mentioned the milestone on my 50 th post but well, I forgot. So randomly, I was counting my number of posts that have been published and this review makes it 55! Wow! Now that’s a milestone, isn’t it?
Now moving to the product I am reviewing, it is Maybelline Color Show lipstick in the shade 313- Choco Latte. Read on to find out more about it.
Product description: Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
• It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturised you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
How to use: For a perfect lip shape: start in the middle of the lips, smoothing out to the corners of the mouth.
Product price: INR 299 for 3.9 gm.
Best before: 36 months
My take on Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in Shade 313- Choco latte:
Packaging: The packaging is not at all attractive and rather flimsy and boring. I’d seen the lipsticks online before they were launched in India and was convinced that these could not be compared to other Maybelline lipsticks. It’s made of very cheap quality, light weight plastic and the cap is proof that the plastic might crack soon if not handled with extreme care. It’s black in color and the middle of the lipstick denotes what family of colors it belongs to which is quite smart (brown for shades of brown, purple for shades of purple and so on) like in this case, it’s brown that denoted the browns/ n*des family of colors. The sticker at the bottom denotes the color name and number. All in all, it is easy to carry and can fit into tiny pockets also but it is not very sturdy.
Texture: The texture is hands down my favorite part about these Colorshow lipsticks. It’s super soft and creamy without being greasy or sticky. Also, it feels very light on the lips, almost like a lip balm instead. Application is very smooth, but the lipstick settles into fine lines on my lips, though I can easily ignore this as the texture is just amazing!!!
Shade: The shade is called Choco Latte and is by far my most favorite color in the Color Show range of lipsticks. These days, I’m inclined towards more browns and neutrals that are brown toned so it was no surprise that I was going to like “Choco Latte” the best. Hehe! It is a coffee brown color. Almost looks like the color of dairy milk silk, I mean a lipstick that is in the shade similar to my favorite chocolate’s is the best thing ever. Funny part aside, it comes with very tiny shimmer particles which are visible only under sunlight. These shimmer particles are so, so minute that these can easily be mistaken for glossiness, anyhow, I really like it. It gives medium coverage to lips and 3 swipes are more than enough to get the shade as appears in the bullet. The lipstick is not matte at all. All in all, it’s my favorite shade from the entire Color Show collection.
Longevity: The brand website says that it stays on for 4-5 hours. Since the shade is not very dark, it stays on me for 3 hours max and then it starts fading, but very evenly. It doesn’t leave any prominent stain behind and the lips end up looking awkward so a touch up is a must every 3-4 hours whenever I am wearing this lipstick. But considering it’s not really glossy in texture, the staying power could have been better.
Pros of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in Shade 313- Choco latte:
• At INR 299, this lipstick is a steal. And a pretty awesome steal at that.
• Travel friendly. The packaging is pretty tiny, so much so that it can fit into those tiny pockets in the handbags too. Hehe!
• Super smooth and creamy in texture. The texture is the best part!
• Wide range of colors to choose from, starting from pinks to purples to browns to reds. Something for someone!
• If you like browns/ neutrals that are brown toned, there’s no reason I see why you won’t like this lipstick. It is just a really pretty shade.
• Doesn’t smudge or smear at all.
Cons of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in Shade 313- Choco latte:
• I am not a huge fan of this packaging and had it not been for the texture and quality of this lipstick, it would have turned out to be a big bummer.
• The staying power is a big con for me. I have to re-touch this lipstick every three hours and I most of the time (read: all the time) forget that my lipstick must have faded, so I end up with really awkward lips if I don’t touch up.
• Settles into fine lines on lips.
• May not suit some skin tones.
• It’s so creamy in texture and light in weight that I fear it may melt.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend it? Yes, Yes, Yes. Not only will I repurchase other shades from this range, I will also repurchase this same shade when I finish this one up. And I do recommend it.
Imbb rating: 4/5
Conclusion: The shade Choco Latte is a very pretty MLBB brown shade. It’s lightweight, creamy and smooth and texture and the price is the icing on cake. All in all, it’s just awesome.
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon
5 Nail Arts with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paints
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – Shiny Beige
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – 06 Noble Purple