Hello Beautiful Souls,
How are you all doing? Hope everyone’s good & enjoying the chilly breeze. I don’t know why in the winters the urge to shop till I (never) drop 😛 increases, does it happen with anyone of you? Let me know in the comments section. So today I am here with my first ‘Maybelline Colorshow lipstick’, actually I bought the shade ‘Plum-tastic’ along with this shade considering how much I love pink lipsticks,but Neha Madam being on at the number one position, my love for pink lipsticks falls at the second position.
Intense Fashionable Lip Color. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
• It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
INR 299 for 3.9 g.
The packaging of the lipstick is simple yet attractive. The body is black in color, with a colored rim in the middle of the cap and body, which shows the color family to which the shade belongs, it also has a color-coded sticker at the bottom, which bears the shade name and number. For this shade, the color band is deep pink, there is red for reds, purples for mauvish shades and so on. The cap shuts with a click sound, which ensures that it’s tightly closed.
My Take on Maybelline Crushed Candy Colorshow Lipstick
‘Crushed candy’, as the name suggests, is a true candy pink color, with a silvery sheen to it, the micro-fine light imparting shimmer particles gives the sheen to the color. The color is very girly and pretty and will suit fair to medium skin tones nicely. I think there are chances of darker skin tones getting washed out by the color. Darker skin tone beauties can avoid this shade.
Texture & Finish:
The texture of this lipstick is super creamy, soft and buttery and the formula is very moisturizing throughout and it feels so light on the lips as if nothing is there on the lips and the application is so smooth and feathery. The finish of the lipstick appears very glossy and juicy; it’s because of the pretty sheen in the color. The lipstick smells like some kind of fruit cake or sweet candy, it’s not overpowering, but very pleasing.
The lipstick has sheer to build-able pigmentation. The formula is extremely sheer, but the color is very build-able in 3-4 swipes, but still this shade doesn’t have the acquired thickness or opacity in it. Even after layering the color, it doesn’t cover the flaws of the lips very well. So I’ll suggest those beauties with naturally pigmented lips should avoid this shade. The color won’t cake up after layering or won’t bleed and the color doesn’t settle in the fine lines of lips. But because of the sheer pigmentation of the color, flaky or dark lips can be emphasized. So make sure to exfoliate the lips nicely.
The lipstick stays on me for 2.5- 3 hrs, with light snacking and drinking. The color fades after 3 hours and leaves a cute tint behind, which surely lasts for some more time.
Pros of Maybelline Crushed Candy Colorshow Lipstick
• The candy pink with a silver sheen to it appears very pretty.
• The color is so bright and vibrant it will instantly brighten up fair to medium skin tones.
• Texture is very creamy and smooth, it glides effortlessly on lips.
• It feels very hydrating on the lips, even if the color fades away.
• The color won’t bleed or won’t become cakey if the lipstick is layered on.
• Price is very reasonable.
• Apt lipstick for dry lips.
• The color is very build-able.
• The finish of the lipstick is very glossy and saucy.
• Staying power is decent up to 2.5- 3 hrs, considering the creamy texture.
Cons of Maybelline Crushed Candy Colorshow Lipstick
• I wish the pigmentation was better and the color would have more opacity in it.
• The shade is not suitable for pigmented lips.
• The shade is not suitable for every skin tone.
• Packaging could have been a little more attractive.
Will I Recommend Maybelline Crushed Candy Colorshow Lipstick ?
Yes, if you are fair and don’t have naturally pigmented lips, you can definitely pick this shade. This is lovely, I know the formula is on the sheer side, but the girly color and the creamy texture, will make you pick this one.
For the sheer coverage of the lipstick, I’ll give it 3.8/5. But for me, the shade is pure love 5/5.
XOXO. Take care.
The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick – Sweetheart Pink
Maybelline Shine Sensational Lip Gloss – Crushed Candy Review
Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine Lipstick Coral Lustre
Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine Lipstick- Fruit Punch
Sleek Aqua Collection Blush in Mirrored Pink Review
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – Cherry Crush
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight
Best Plum Lipsticks Available in India