Skin Tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
Hello lovely ladies,
Today, I am reviewing Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow. Read on for more details.
Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quads. This long-wearing makeup palette features extraordinary color that lasts up to 12 hours. Powder eye shadow delivers natural day to dramatic night eye looks. This eye shadow makeup quad boasts extraordinary color thanks to ultra-blendable jet-milled pigments. Delivers a silky finish that lasts up to 12 hours. Ophthalmologist tested.
Price and Quantity:
399 PHP or 550 INR approx for 4.8 gm.
My Experience with Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
The eyeshadow comes in a small rectangular glossy black colored plastic palette with a see-through lid. The clear lid helps to easily spot the shade from makeup stash if you own more than one of these eyeshadows. The brand name is embossed on the lid. These palettes can be easily stacked on each other in vanity. The lid fits very securely with an audible click and making this palette travel friendly. The palette comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator, which is too small and kind of useless for me, as I do not use such small foam applicators. Overall, the packaging is nice and sturdy. This palette had fallen from my hand twice or thrice and there is no damage to the palette and eye shadows, which proves that the packaging is sturdy enough.
“Designer Chocolates” is a beautiful combination of warm-toned eye shadows. The palette comes with 4 shades of eyeshadows, each of which is designated a particular purpose but I do not use it the way they are marked. I make my own combinations and use them according to my choice. Let us discuss each shade one by one.
1. Base: The base color is a beautiful shimmery/pearly white color. It has finely milled silver shimmers in it, which gives it a pearly finish. The pigmentation of this shade is average and buildable. Two to three swipes are required to show up the colour nicely.
2. Lid: This is the second shade. This one is a gorgeous pinkish beige kind of shade having that gorgeous pearly sheen in it. This is also average in terms o pigmentation and the color needs to be built up with multiple swipes.
3. Crease: The third shade is also called the crease color. It is my favorite shade from this palette. It is a beautiful rose gold kind of shade. It is loaded with shimmers, which makes it look even more beautiful. This is a perfect shade to be used for party or wedding eye makeup looks. The pigmentation of this eye shadow is amazing. Two swipes deposits perfect color making it look bright and intense.
4. Liner: This is the darkest of all and slight towards matte finish. It is a nice chocolate brown eye shadow. Though it has some micro shimmers in it but they are not much visible and the eyeshadow looks almost matte. It is decently pigmented and gives nice colour in one or two swipes.
The texture of these eye shadows is soft, smooth and silky. It is lightweight and feels comfortable on the eyes. They glide effortlessly on the eyelids without any tugging or pulling. All the shades are very easy to build and they do not look patchy.
The shades are subtle and do not look over the top. The pigmentation is average. The shades could have been more pigmented. The eyeshadow does not crease at all even after hours of application. The formula is non-powdery and there is hardly and fallout issues with these.
The eye shadow lasts for approximately 6 hours on my eyelids with an eye primer underneath, while without any primer lasts for 4 hours or so. The eye shadow is easy to remove with a good eye makeup remover.
Pros of Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
- Nice packaging.
- Pretty shades.
- Easily wearable.
- Shimmers are not chunky.
- Nice pigmentation.
- Silky smooth texture.
- Glides effortlessly.
- No tugging or pulling.
- Blends amazingly.
- No creasing.
- Non-powdery formula.
- No major fallout issues.
- Stays for long.
- Easy to remove.
Cons of Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
- Pigmentation could have been better.
- Not waterproof.
- Applicator is useless.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad?
Yes to both.
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Sapphire Ice
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow – Sunbaked Neutrals
Maybelline The Brights Eyeshadow Palette
Essence All About Chocolates Eyeshadow
MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover
Clinique Pink Chocolate All About Shadow Quad