Skin Tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
I had reviewed “The Designer Chocolate” variant from Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow range. Today, I am reviewing another gorgeous eyeshadow quad from the same range. Read on further to know more details about Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad.
Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quads. This long-wearing makeup palette features extraordinary color that lasts up to 12 hours. Powder eye shadow delivers natural day to dramatic night eye looks. This eye shadow makeup quad boasts extraordinary color thanks to ultra-blendable jet-milled pigments. Delivers a silky finish that lasts up to 12 hours. Ophthalmologist tested.
Price and Quantity:
399 PHP or 550 INR approx for 4.8 gm.
My Experience with Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
The eye shadow comes in a small rectangular glossy black-colored plastic palette with a see-through lid. The clear lid helps to easily spot the shade from makeup stash if you own more than one of these eyeshadow quads. The brand name is embossed on the lid. These palettes can be easily stacked on each other in vanity. The lid fits very securely with an audible click, making this palette travel friendly. The palette comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator, which is too small and kind of useless for me, as I do not use such small foam applicators. Overall, the packaging is nice, sturdy and travel friendly.
“Electric Blue” is a cool combination of blue and black eyeshadows. The palette comes with 4 shades of eye shadows, each of which is designated a particular purpose, but I do not use it the way they are marked. I make my own combinations and use them according to my choice. Now, let us discuss each shade one by one.
1. Base: The base color is a beautiful shimmery white color. It has finely milled silver shimmers in it, which gives it a pearly finish. The pigmentation of this shade is low and it is quite difficult to build up the color on the eyelids. The color mixes with my normal skin color and only silver shimmers are left behind. It just adds light luminescent to the entire eyelid.
2. Lid: The second shade is a light purple or lilac kind of shade. This one also contains finely milled shimmers like the base color. It is also very dull in terms of pigmentation does not show up properly. It needs to be layered on and on to get the perfect color.
3. Crease: The third shade is the crease color. It is my favorite shade from this palette. It is a beautiful cobalt blue kind of shade and it looks almost matte. It does contain shimmer but they are too sparse that the eyeshadow looks almost matte. The shade is gorgeous and looks absolutely stunning on the eyes. I love the color so much. The pigmentation of this eye shadow is also nice but it requires two-three swipes to build up the color properly on the eyes.
4. Liner: It is a nice black eyeshadow with same silver shimmers but this one also looks almost matte. The color is dark but it is not the jet-black color, it leans more towards charcoal grey. It is decently pigmented & gives nice colour in one swipe. So, I need to be extra careful with this color. I apply it with a very light hand and the color pops nicely on the eyes.
The texture of these eyeshadows is soft, smooth and silky. It is lightweight and feels comfortable on the eyes. They glide effortlessly on the eyelids without any tugging or pulling. All the shades are very easy to build & they do not look patchy. The shades are subtle and do not look over the top. Every shade contains silver microshimmers but still they look matte and non-shimmery because the shimmers are too sparse. The pigmentation is average. The first and second shade is poorly pigmented and it gets difficult to build up the color. The eye shadow does not crease at all. The formula is non-powdery and there is hardly and fallout issues with these. I had observed a little fallout with the base color as this one is more shimmery than others while the rest three colors do not fallout much.
This eyeshadow lasts for approximately 6 hours on my eyelids with an eye primer underneath, while without any primer lasts for 4 hours or so. The eye shadow is easy to remove with a good eye makeup remover. Overall, these quad are nice and deliver good quality and finish.
Pros of Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
- Nice packaging.
- Pretty shades.
- Shimmers are not chunky.
- Nice pigmentation.
- Colors look almost matte.
- Silky smooth texture.
- Glides effortlessly.
- No tugging or pulling.
- Blends amazingly.
- No creasing.
- Non-powdery formula.
- No major fallout issues.
- Stays for long.
- Easy to remove.
Cons of Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad:
- Pigmentation of a few shades is low.
- Not waterproof.
- Applicator is useless.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad?
Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Sapphire Ice
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow – Sunbaked Neutrals
Maybelline The Brights Eyeshadow Palette
Essence All About Chocolates Eyeshadow
MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover
Clinique Pink Chocolate All About Shadow Quad
Coloressence Pearl Effect Eyeshadow Pencil in Electric Blue
Coloressence Pearl Finish Eyeshadow – ES2 Electric Blue