WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Skin Tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
I had hauled a few eyeshadow quads from Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow quad range. I have already reviewed three variants “Designer Chocolate”, “Autumn Coppers” and “Electric Blue.” Today’s review is going to be on the variant “Autumn Coppers.” Read on for more details on this eyeshadow:
Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quads. This long-wearing makeup palette features extraordinary color that lasts up to 12 hours. Powder eye shadow delivers natural day to dramatic night eye looks.
This eye shadow makeup quad boasts extraordinary color thanks to ultra-blendable jet-milled pigments. Delivers a silky finish that lasts up to 12 hours. Ophthalmologist tested.
Price and Quantity:
399 PHP or 550 INR approx for 4.8 gm.
My Experience with Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Luminous Lilacs:
This eyeshadow comes in a small rectangular glossy, black-colored plastic palette with a see-through lid. The clear lid helps to easily spot the shade from makeup stash if you own more than one of these eyeshadow quads. The brand name is embossed on the lid. These palettes can be easily stacked up in my vanity. The lid fits very securely with an audible click, making this palette travel friendly. The palette comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator, which is too small and kind of useless for me, as I do not use these small foam applicators. The entire product related information is printed at the back of the palette. Overall, the packaging is nice and sturdy.
“Luminous Lilacs” is a beautiful combination of shimmery cool-toned eyeshadows for creating fresh and summery eye makeup looks. The palette comes with 4 shades of eyeshadows, each of which is designated a particular purpose. There is a base color, a lid color, a crease color and a liner. Now, let us discuss each shade one by one.
1. Base: The base color is a pinkish n*de shade. The color is too shimmery and looks almost silver on the eyes. It has finely milled silver color micro shimmers in it, which adds bling to this eyeshadow. The pigmentation of this shade is nice and easily buildable. One swipe of this eyeshadow is good enough because too much layering makes the eye glow like a disco ball since it is very shimmery. This is a pretty shade for highlighting purposes.
2. Lid: This is the second shade. This one is a beautiful rose gold shade having that gorgeous pearly sheen in it. The shade is shimmery and looks bright and beautiful on the eyelids. This is average in terms of pigmentation and needs to be built up with multiple swipes to make it look bright and intense. A little effort is required to properly build up this color.
3. Crease: The third shade is the crease color. It is a slightly shimmery dark green eyeshadow. It is loaded with fine silver shimmer which makes it even more beautiful. It works as a gorgeous crease color. The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is nice. Two swipes deposits perfect color on the eyes.
4. Liner: This is the darkest of all and slight towards matte finish. Though, it also contains shimmer but they are so sparse, hardly visible. It is a nice purple eyeshadow. The color payoff of this particular shade is amazing. It gives rich and opaque color in just one swipe.
The texture of these eyeshadows is soft and smooth. The formula is lightweight and feels comfortable on the eyes. It glides effortlessly on the eyelids without any tugging or pulling. All the shades are very easy to build and they do not look patchy. The colors are subtle and do not look over the top. One can easily create a gorgeous soft eye makeup using this eye shadow quad. The pigmentation is average and buildable. A few shades could have been more pigmented. There are no creasing issues with this eye shadow. The formula is non-powdery, but since they are shimmery in nature some shades have fallout issues.
The eye shadow lasts for approximately 5-6 hours on my eyelids with an eye primer underneath. The eyeshadow is easy to remove with a good eye makeup remover and the shimmers get removed easily without much effort.
Pros of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Luminous Lilacs:
- Nice packaging.
- Pretty shades.
- Easily wearable.
- Shimmers are not chunky.
- Decently pigmented.
- Smooth texture.
- Glides effortlessly.
- No tugging or pulling.
- Blends amazingly.
- No creasing.
- Non-powdery formula.
- No major fallout issues.
- Stays for long.
- Easy to remove.
Cons of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Luminous Lilacs:
- Some shades have lower pigmentation.
- Not waterproof.
- Applicator is useless.
- Fallout issues with a few shades.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Luminous Lilacs?
Yes to both.
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad Autumn Coppers
Maybelline Electric Blue Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad
Maybelline Designer Chocolates Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad
Maybelline The Brights Eyeshadow Palette
Chanel Illusion D’ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow – New Moon
Maybelline Luminous Brown Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette
Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eye Shadow in Lilac
Estee Lauder 03 Cyber Lilac Pure Color Gelee Powder Eyeshadow
Chambor Eyeshadow Trio in Tender Lilac