Skin tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
Recently, I bought a few eyeshadow quads from Maybelline Expert Wear range and, I have already reviewed the two variants “Designer Chocolate” and “Electric Blue”. Today’s review is all about the shade “Autumn Coppers”. Read on for more details about the product.
Price and Quantity: 399 PHP/550 INR for 4.8g
Expert Wear® Eye Shadow Quads. This long-wearing makeup palette features extraordinary color that lasts up to 12 hours. Powder eye shadow delivers natural day to dramatic night eye looks.
This eye shadow makeup quad boasts extraordinary color thanks to ultra-blendable jet-milled pigments. Delivers a silky finish that lasts up to 12 hours. Ophthalmologist tested.
G3312/4: Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Nylon-12, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Perlite, Alumina, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Tin Oxide, Magnesium Silicate, [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir, Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77947 / Zinc Oxide, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet, Ci 77000 / Aluminum Powder, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77400 / Bronze Powder, Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ci 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, Ci 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, Ci 77400 / Copper Powder, Ci 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, Ci 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide], D161739/8.
My Experience with Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad Autumn Coppers:
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad comes in a small rectangular glossy black colored plastic palette with a see-through lid. The clear lid helps to easily spot the shade from makeup stash if you own more than one of these eyeshadow quads. The brand name is embossed on the lid. These palettes can be easily stacked up in the vanity. The lid shuts securely making an audible click sound, and thus this palette is travel-friendly.
The palette comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator, which is too small and kind of useless for me, as I don’t use these small foam applicators. The entire product-related information is printed at the back of the palette. Overall, the packaging is good and sturdy.
The shade, “Autumn Coppers” is a beautiful combination of shimmery eyeshadows, which are perfect for creating subtle eye makeup looks. The palette comes with 4 eyeshadows, each of which is designated for a particular purpose but, I don’t use them in that way. I customise my own combinations and use them according to my choice. Now, let us discuss each shade one by one.
1. Base: The base color is a n*de shimmery beige shade. It has finely milled silver micro shimmers in it. The shade is not too shimmery and does not look too bling. The pigmentation of this shade is average and buildable. Two-three swipes are required to show up the colour nicely. It works perfectly as a base color.
2. Lid: It is the second shade in the palette. This one is a gorgeous rose gold shade, which has that beautiful pearly sheen in it. It is a shimmery shade and looks bright and beautiful on the eyelids. It works perfectly for creating a soft and easily wearable eye makeup look. This is also average in terms of pigmentation and needs to be built up with multiple swipes to make it look bright and intense.
3. Crease: The third shade is also called the crease color. It is a slightly shimmery taupe colored eye shadow. It is loaded with finely milled silver shimmers, which makes it look even more beautiful. It works as a gorgeous crease color. The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is good. Two swipes deposit the perfect color on the eyelids, making it look bright and intense.
4. Liner: It is the darkest shade of all and has a slightly matte finish. Though it contains shimmers, they are sparse and hardly visible. It is a beautiful chocolate brown shade. The colour payoff of this particular shade is amazing. It gives a rich and opaque color payoff in just one swipe.
The texture of these eyeshadows is soft and smooth. The formula is lightweight and feels comfortable on the eyelids. It glides effortlessly on the eyelids without any tugging or pulling. All the shades are very easy to build, and they don’t look patchy. The colors are subtle and do not look over the top. One can easily create a gorgeous soft eye makeup look using this eyeshadow quad. However, the pigmentation is average and buildable. A few shades could have been more pigmented. There are no creasing issues with these eyeshadows. The formula is non-powdery, and there is hardly any fallout issue with these eyeshadows.
The eyeshadow lasts for approximately 6 hours on my eyelids with an eye primer underneath, while without a primer, it lasts for 4 hours or so. Also, the eyeshadows are easy to remove with a good eye makeup remover.
Pros of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad Autumn Coppers:
- Sturdy packaging.
- 4 Pretty shades.
- Easily wearable.
- Shimmers don’t look chunky.
- Decently pigmented.
- Smooth texture.
- Glides effortlessly.
- No tugging or pulling.
- Blends amazingly.
- No creasing.
- Non-chalky formula.
- No major fallout issues.
- Stays for long.
- Easy to remove.
Cons of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad Autumn Coppers:
- Some shades have less pigmentation.
- Not waterproof.
- Applicator is useless.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad Autumn Coppers?
Yes to both.
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Sapphire Ice
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow – Sunbaked Neutrals
Palladio Beauty Blue Suede Herbal Eyeshadow Quad
MUA Extreme Metallics Eyeshadow Quad Go Getter
L’oreal Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad E7 – Lilas Cheri
Bellapierre Mineral Blush in Autumn Glow
Jordana Autumn Leaves Eyeshadow Pencil
L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick – Copper Brown
Revlon Super Lustrous Shine 845 Terra Copper Lipstick