Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2, Glam 3 – Day to Night Makeup and Outfits!
Hi everyone, 🙂
This is my second installation of post for day to night makeup using Maybelline Lip Polishes. 🙂 For me day to night makeup does not have to change dramatically always. It’s the little tweaks here and there that you can make from a soft day time look to a more fun evening look. A little bit of unexpectedness is what I sometimes enjoy. 🙂 Hope you like the look. 🙂
Fresh Coral Day Time Makeup Look : For the day time look I used Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 3. Glam 3 is a beautiful papaya coral shade. It’s an a amazing flattering shade on Indian skin tones. It is a neutral undertone shade so it it kinda blends with the skin tone. When paired with a coral blush, it gives an instant fresh look to the face. It stayed on me for 4 hours. I noticed that this color has a tendency to settle in the fine lines so you’d have to smooth it out with finger tips. Another tip that i may offer is that before applying the second layer of lip polish, let the first layer set and then apply the next layer. I find that this way the color lasts longer and looks smoother on lips. 🙂
- Pick a peachy gold color from Maybelline Copper Brown Palette on a fluffy brush..
- …and apply a wash of color all over the lid.
- On a pointy brush pick a shimmery brown color
- ..and apply it on the crease. This is just to give a definition to the eyes. Nothing strong. Just a soft wash of color.
- Apply Maybelline Colossal Mascara on waterline.
- Using Maybelline studio gel eyeliner on a pointy brush.
- ..trace it very closely on the lash line. You can also do a winged eyeliner. Totally your preference. 🙂 finish off the eyes using mascara.
- For cheeks I used Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Fresh Coral
- I finished off the lips using Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 3.
- I used two swipes of color to get this shade but you can totally build it up. 🙂
For the outfit, I totally took benefit of the little sun we have been getting in Delhi. I wore this beautiful A line skirt by Anupama Dayal and paired it with a fitted black crop top. A fun bangle and a scarf finished off my look. For hair I wanted a messy fishtail braid. So after spending some gazillion hours doing the braid, all I had to do was mess it up. Oh! hairspray helps. 😛
The most epic and filmi shot by Mr Husband. 😀
Night Time Hot Pink Makeup Look with a twist!
For the evening look I wanted pink lips and the magic unexpected blue eyeliner on lids. I think this electric blue eyeliner added a bit of fun that an evening makeup required yet kept the look soft. I kept this look keeping in mind ‘what if you have some 5 minutes to get ready for an evening party’ 😀 Do this! 🙂
- Trace the Maybelline Colorshow Eyeliner in Electric blue right over your black eyeliner.
- Keep tracing the color until you see no black liner on lids. A black underneath would make the color pop even more.
- Apply the same blue line just on the outer corner of the lower lid.
- Tons of mascara to finish off the look.
- I used Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2. It looks soft pink in the tube but you can build it up to a bright pink shade.
For evening outfit, I threw on a blazer, chanced to some fancy earrings , a bit of heel, and picked up a clutch! 🙂 I think it’s okay to have a french braid for evening as well. 🙂
Outfit Details :
Skirt and Scarf : Anupamaa by Anupama Dayal
Top : Good Earth
Clutch 1 : Item Number
Blazer : Zara
Earrings (2) : Zariin
Some useful links to know more about Maybelline Lip Polishes :