Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Waterproof Mascara Review
I like how most Maybelline mascaras are affordable, yet effective. I’ve been satisfied with the handful different ones I’ve tried from this brand, so when my last mascara expired and I had to get a new one, I didn’t have to search too far. I went to the Maybelline counter, and shortly after browsing and talking to the sales assistant, purchased the Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Mascara, waterproof version.
My sleek tube of Maybelline : Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Mascara
The hottest thing lashes will ever wear. The mascara that does for lashes what stilettos do for legs.
• Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle
• Elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length
• Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine
• Contact lens safe
• Waterproof, also available in Washable formula
Maybelline LONG EXTREME Stiletto Waterproof is a mascara that contains Ex-Tech mascara fibres. Ex-Tech mascara fibres are different from ordinary mascara fibres which distribute in a sprawl. The product’s high-density fibres are tidily arranged, forming a closely knitted fibre net. The net adheres closely to the whole piece of eyelash, allowing slim fibres to extend tier by tier for astonishing effect.
It contains Pro-vitamin B5 to leave eyelashes glistening and black, creating moist, voluminous and charming eyelashes. The unique brush head allows of effective and quick coating of every piece of eyelash, resulting in clear, bright and pretty eyelashes that will not get entangled.
It is resistant to water, sweat and sebum. There is no worry of the product getting smudged around the eye contour.
The mascara brush
If you look closely at the photo of the mascara brush above, you’ll see the little fibres they’re taking about which supposedly give a lengthening effect to the eyelashes. I could see the fibres plainly right after I first opened the mascara which I thought was pretty cool and I was curious if it would really work.
Here are my before and after mascara photos:
Before mascara application
After 2 coats of mascara on upper lashes, and a single coat on lower lashes. Please ignore my somewhat bloodshot eyes.
What I like about Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Waterproof Mascara:
• That the fibres do make my eyelashes appear a bit longer. This is a lengthening mascara, so it has no effect on volume.
• My lashes still look natural despite the lengthening effect. I dislike really clumpy, spidery lashes and definitely prefer an enhanced natural look.
• I usually apply two coats and there’s minimal clumping.
• It doesn’t seem to weigh down my curl.
• Caused zero irritation to my eyes and eyelid area.
• The brush has kind of short bristles that I find makes it easier for me to apply mascara.
• Is definitely waterproof. I didn’t experience any smudging at all, and found it easy to remove with my makeup remover at the end of the day.
• Cool packaging which really does remind me of sleek, sexy black stilettos.
• It’s reasonably priced at $8.12.
What I don’t like about Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Waterproof Mascara:
• It initially has a strong chemical smell, but this fades away after just a few minutes.
• It doesn’t really provide a black-patent shine like the product claims. It gives a more natural finish, as I mentioned.
Overall I consider it another good mascara from Maybelline and I love using it to make my lashes look a longer for a flirty, fun effect. I recommend it to those who want a reasonably priced lengthening mascara that does not clump easily and produces a natural-looking finish.
Have you used Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Waterproof Mascara? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara Review
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara Review
Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof Mascara Review
Mascara: How to Choose Mascara for Eyes
Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Waterproof Mascara Review
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara Review