WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello IMBBians! I will be reviewing today the superstay gloss from Maybelline. I never like to go for these type of longstay lipsticks. When long back I bought such a lipstick it just left my lips more dry. But as I am searching a lipstick for my ‘M day’, I had no option than to go for long stay lipsticks. As there is a less chance & time to do touch ups on that day, I may not be able to apply the lipstick again and again so I went for this type. Secondly I want to look perfect in each snap of mine that is taken. 😛
It is a usual double sided colour and gloss. The appearance is the same regular and no any excitement in that.
Shade: Wildberry Glow 260. It is a berry colored gloss and I think it is the only one without any shimmer. I liked the color very much. It compliments my natural lip color. So thought of buying it.
Shades Avialable: Ratiji has mentioned it here
Price: Rs.390/- I got it for Rs.351 at Beauty & More, Mumbai.
Quantity: not mentioned. I did not find it on there website too.
What the company claims:
Why You’ll Love It
* Revolutionary long wear gloss with the longest lasting shine
* Unique 12- hour shine grip formula
* Lips feel irresistibly soft and comfortable all day long
* Easily removed with a gentle makeup remover
Expert Tip: Apply sheer liquid color to clean, bare lips. Let color dry completely! Apply super-shine extender topcoat to dry color. Reapply shine extender as needed throughout the day.
What I liked about Maybelline Newyork Superstay Gloss
1. Actually one thing I liked about it is the shade. The color is awesome.
2. The quantity which is provided is also great.
3. The clear gloss which is provided on the other end is nice and can be used on other lipsticks too. I liked it more than the colored gloss.
4. The clear gloss even when applied on bare lips tend to give is great shine and also it last even after eating and drinking.
5. Although it is drying but the staying power is upto what he company claims.
6. Removed easily with my Himalaya Deep Cleansing Milk.
What I did not liked about Maybelline Newyork Superstay Gloss
1. I overall did not liked the product. I just took it for my marriage day, just because I did not wanted to do touch ups with my lipstick again and again, like I did during my engagement. But totally disappointed.
2. I applied the colored gloss and waited for it to get dry. But when it dried I felt like my lips are stuck.
3. It feels exactly as if a chewing gum is sticking on my lips and I can’t take it out. It is so irritating.
4. When the clear gloss is applied I feel like the above feeling is doubled. As if I am giving my lips a weight lifting exercise.
5. Lipsticks are meant to be light and feathery to feel when applied, so that the lady should not feel hesitated while talking. But this main thing is ignored by the company.
6. I already have dry lips and this lipstick after drying makes it more drying. The gloss provided cannot do the moisturizing part.
7. So to make a trick I applied the smallest amount of the colored gloss on my lips. And to my surprise, it turned out very well.
8. I use it now in a very small amount as a regular lipstick. As the color is a bit darker than my original lip color, so I am thankful that I went for this shade. Otherwise it would have been a complete waste.
9. I top it up with the Maybelline lip smooth tinted lip balm in cranberry jam and it controls the drying of lips in a much better way.
10. I don’t think I will be using this on my marriage day.
So overall the product did not served my purpose of buying. I will have to find a new lipstick as soon as possible. Anyone can please suggest me any other better option.
Will I buy it again? A big NO. i will think 100 times before buying long stay lipsticks.
Rating: 2 (one for the nice shade and one for the clear gloss).
Have you ever used this product?