Product Information: Make your lips shimmer with the Shine Seduction Lip Gloss. The Maybelline Glossy Lip Gloss is formulated with Aqua-botanicals and vitamin E that nourishes your lips to make them absolutely soft and smooth. The Maybelline lip care has a sculpting tip that spreads the right amount on the lips for a precise application. The Shine Seduction Lip Gloss is a highly reflective formula that makes your lips look absolutely gorgeous. The Maybelline Glossy Lip Gloss is available in different shades like Apricot Aura, Mocha fix and Ruby Spell. The Maybelline lip care is non-sticky in feel and makes your lips look stunning.
Features of the product:
• A highly reflective and smooth formula that creates a sleek shine on lips.
• Click the wand to release the perfect amount of glossy colour.
• Features an exclusive sculpting tip that traces lips for a precise application.
• Winner of Best New Lip Gloss in the beauty heaven Glosscars 2008.
Price: 299/- for 2.4 ml
Shade: glossy light brown with golden/silver sheen.
What I feel about the product: I stumbled upon this product by chance last year or earlier (I do not remember exactly when). Actually I had a gift voucher of 200/- from Westside and was just looking for something I can buy to redeem that voucher. At that time, I had little knowledge about cosmetics (I had not found IMBB then :P), and so while checking out the Maybelline counter, I found this lip gloss, instantly liked the packaging and the shade and so bought it.
At that time, I did not know that it was to give plumping effect to the lips as the packaging does not say anything about this gloss. So for the purpose of reviewing it, I was checking it online and got to know that it is a discontinued product. The Maybelline website has no mention of it. But Why? 🙂 For me, it is a nice and a different concept for a lip gloss.
Amount of product after one rotation.
Packaging: It has the Lakme Aqua shine lipcolors kind of pack where you twist the bottom and droplets of the gloss comes out through a number of ‘sifters’ like holes only difference being that the former has a sponge applicator while this has hard slanted plastic applicator. I really like the packaging which lets me to take out just required product if I twist the bottom carefully. One hears a ‘tick’ sound on rotating and a single rotation is enough if you want sheer coverage otherwise apply the gloss again for a medium coverage.
Texture: The texture of this gloss is smooth and on the thick side but not sticky at all.
Overall Product: This gloss is in between the shine of a lip gloss and the colour payoff of a lipstick. I love the medium to light coverage with a superb shine; you can add just a little for a hint of colour or go with the full coat for a great effect. You can see there are very fine shimmers in the tube but it doesn’t look very glittery on the lips, which I really like.
For the plump effect part, it will not make a huge difference but still it does give an illusion of a more voluptuous lip (maybe because of the sheen and gloss). I find some volume added to my already fuller lips which is what I adore in this product.
L-R: The Mystic Sands shade with & without flash
And lips actually look fuller and softer. Lips have this kind of a ‘wet’ look to it. You can see there are very fine shimmers in the tube but it doesn’t look very glittery on the lips.
I wear this alone and on top of my matte brown lipstick shades too and it both ways, it looks good on me. It easily lasts for 3 hours of more if you do not have your meals in between. But even after having my lunch, the colour did not disappear fully though it faded. But its travel friendly package removes the worry of reapplying/touch-ups.
Good points of Maybelline Shine Seduction Lip Gloss:
• I just love the wet shine look it gives to my lips.
• Sleek and travel friendly packaging.
• Lovely shade. There are a total of 12 shades mentioned online of this product.
• Adds little volume to the lips.
• Light to medium colour payoff.
• Thick non sticky consistency.
• Stays easily up to 3 hours.
• The packaging helps to utilize just the required amount of the product.
• Has a cooling effect on the lips when applied.
• Lips remain moisturised.
• Does not leave a white cast on the lips.
• The shine/shimmer in the gloss does not look OTT at all, instead it looks great.
• Price is cheaper if one buys it online now.
Cons of Maybelline Shine Seduction Lip Gloss:
• A discontinued product that can be bought online through eBay, Amazon etc.
• It is difficult to get the extra product back into the tube so one has to be careful while taking out the product.
• Missing ingredients list.
• Do not add noticeable volume to the lips.
Now come my pictures wearing the shade (applied a single swipe/time) alone.
bare lips above and with flash picture below
Without flash picture below:
I do not think that the pictures are doing much justice to the shade but it looks best in dim light when the lips shine like real sparkles.
Ratings: 3/5(-2 for the above cons)
Recommend/Repurchase: I would have definitely repurchased it if it was still available in Maybelline counters. But buying online seems a problem when one has many other options in lip glosses available. But if anyone would like to purchase this one, then she can go ahead & do so without much thought as it’s a product worth trying.
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara
Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial- Maybelline Chai Latte Quad
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Estee Lauder Michael Kors Lip Gloss
ColorBar Star Shine Lip Gloss Pink Kiss