One more new launch from Maybelline is here on IMBB! We were all surrounded by expensive gel nails colours, when Maybelline took the charge and came up with these amazing gel nail paints in such cute and beautiful shades. I picked up 3 of these initially to try how they worked and launch them on IMBB! But I am sure to pick some more. 😛 As of now, let’s jump straight to the review!
Price: Rs 325
Get right on trend with the latest nail polishes to keep you and your nails fashionable always! Superstay 7 Day Gel Nail Color has a brilliant gel color and shine which stays on for an entire week without any chipping or damage. The collection is designed to give each nail “plump polished perfection” along with a smooth and perfect finish, allowing you to show them off. It offers a range of 24 shades from bold colors, gentle pastels to timeless nudes; you’ve got it all. It’s time to get sophisticated colors that leave you spoilt for choice!
Here’s why you will love it:
– Has a range of 24 gorgeous nail polish shades
– Stays on for 7 days without chipping or damage
– Gives nails a smooth and perfect finish
– Has a gel color, finish and shine
My Experience with Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color – Mint for Life, Pink in the Park, Emerald Excess:
Packaging: The bottles looked beautiful on the Maybelline counter and trust me I was drooling over them. They come in glass bottles which look very classy with see-through packaging. It becomes really easy to spot the colours. They have a wide variety of shades to choose from ranging from sorbet shades to bright ones and then bold and super dark ones.
I picked some fun summer shades and a darker one since I have not really tried these kinds of shades. I overall love the packaging and they are very handy. The bottles are sturdy and won’t break even if dropped.
• Mint for life – It is one of the best summer shades that I have ever seen. We all always had this craze for mint nail paints and I am so glad I got this one. It is a fresh mint shade which shows up in just 2 swipes. It looks very refreshing and summery too. I just love it on my nails because my nails look very trendy and chic.
• Pink in the park – I was intrigued to pick this shade the moment I saw it at the counter. I have always had this love for pinks but this was a unique pink that I wanted to try. This is the prettiest candy pink that I have ever seen. It has that pretty shade of a strawberry milkshake. It is very girly and cute. It gives me a very feminine feel whenever I use it.
• Emerald excess – It is a dark deep emerald shade with loads of black hints. Initially I thought it was a black but then when I swiped it, it looked green. It is a very dark shade which imparts that gothic look to the nails. I have been more into brighter and fun shades so going dark was really not my cup of tea. For those of you who like dark shades will surely like this one.
Texture, consistency and pigmentation: The pigmentation of these nail paints is quite good. I need 2 full coats to make it look opaque and bright. But I don’t mind applying 2 coats since they dry pretty quickly. The texture is very shiny and glossy. It gives you that look of those gel nails, so I am happy they give what they claimed. The consistency is thick but it is very smooth on the nails and you need to be careful and not keep the cap open for long while application. Also, we need to keep the fan off while applying these or they might end up drying completely.
Staying power: The nail paint actually stayed for 7-8 days. The glossy sheen was reduced but my nail paint was there, colourful and bright. It might peel a little from the cuticles area if your nail grows super fast like mine. It will not chip even if you wash clothes or dishes. It chips a little from the nail end but just a little which will be seen only when observed closely.
Pros of Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color – Mint for Life, Pink in the Park, Emerald Excess:
• 24 shades to choose from.
• Bottles with see-through packaging for colour visibility.
• Coverage is great; colour becomes opaque in 2 swipes.
• Fresh minty shade which looks absolutely trendy; pink in the park is the best candy pink shade that I have ever used.
• Emerald excess instantly makes my hands look bright and beautiful.
• They have a glossy shine which stays for 4 day and the colour stays for 7 days as claimed.
• Nails do not become yellow even after keeping these nail paints for 7 days.
• They dry pretty quickly after application.
• They do give a gel nails look.
• Doesn’t peel off even if you wash dishes or do household chores.
• Available all around.
Cons of Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color – Mint for Life, Pink in the Park, Emerald Excess:
• Might chip a little from the nail end.
• Shine and glossiness faded a little after the 4th day.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Color – Mint for Life, Pink in the Park, Emerald Excess?
I am not into dark shades so I loved the former two more! They are very pretty sorbet shades perfect for summers. I do recommend the entire range as it has amazing shades to choose from. Do get them if you can splurge that amount for nail paint.
Conclusion: Love how Maybelline innovates with some best shades ever!
Tips to Help You Prevent Gel Nail Problems Indian Makeup Blog
Nails Inc. Gel Effect Polish in New Oxford Street Review
NAILS INC Gel Effect Nail Polish Covent Garden Place, Regents Place
Catrice Gel Like 2in1 Base and Top Coat Review
Nail-Aid 1st Acetone Power Gel No-Rub Glitter & Nail Art Remover
Types of Artificial Nails