After receiving superb response to the Maybelline Superstay Stain Gloss in Fresh Fuchsia, I thought of buying another shade of this, rather it was less hit and more miss product for me, but I and everyone of you liked it. Currently, I have bought one more shade and that’s Cool Coral, but I am planning to buy some more shades of these. I dedicate this review to my dear friend Raessa, who is a great writer on IMBB and also an orange lipstick lover or an orange freak 😛
Meet the first 10 hour stain gloss. This shine enhancing formula provides a lightweight layer of lasting color that won’t dry out.
- Vibrant and shiny wear, never flat.
- Feels fresh all day, never dry.
- Glides on wet and smooth, never drags.
I got this for INR 399.
They have Browns to Orange, Fuchsia to Red, and Mauve to Purples.
This stain-cum-gloss comes in an opaque white curvy gloss bottle, with a color coded cap. It has an oval=shaped or leaf like applicator, with a duct in between to grab a decent amount of the product. Overall, the applicator helps apply the color in a single go, but will be a little problematic for those have thin lips.
My Take on Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss – Cool Coral:
Shade: “Cool Coral” is a warm toned orangey red color with very micro mini golden shimmer to it, which gives the color a nice warm golden sheen. Initially, the color appears pure milky coral, but after a few minutes, it kind of starts to turn more reddish fiery orange color. The color is very pretty, the shimmer adds extra warmth to the color and will instantly brighten up the face. Under some lights, it can appear reddish. This kind of shade will suit most of the skin tones and also can be worn during day shopping or evening parties.
Texture: The texture of the gloss stain is very creamy, smooth. It applies so creamy on lips. Initially, you can feel a cooling sensation when you apply it. You can also easily notice the gloss + stain formula in the gloss. Initially, the product feels like a gloss and after a few hours, the glossiness fades slowly and leaves the lip with staining part. It’s really hydrating and feels very light on the lips.
Pigmentation: These stain glosses are immensely pigmented, this shade goes a little sheer on first coat because of the water-based texture, but enough to cover flaws of lips, but two coats would give the super opaque color on lips, they won’t become patchy in 2 coats, but let the first coat sit on your lips for a few seconds, and then layer it on. They are pigmented like liquid lipstick.
Finish: The gloss gives a very nice wet glossy finish on the lips. This really gives the effect of natural plump lips.
Staying Power: The gloss stayed on me for 3 hours, without eating and after that, it leaves the stain on lips. It’s not at all waterproof, but transfer proof up to some extent. Water is biggest foe of this gloss, you can munch some snacks with it, but a sip of tea or water would take away the color away from the lips.
Pros of Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss – Cool Coral:
- A very gorgeous fiery orangey red color, perfect substitute for red lipstick.
- Will suit every skin tone and will give a complexion-enhancing effect.
- Shimmers won’t bother you, as they are micro mini and provides nice sheen to the color.
- Packaging is good and sturdy.
- Texture is very creamy and smooth, applies very softly on the lips.
- Pigmentation is good to buildable, they don’t look patchy if layered.
- Finish is very glossy and wet; it will pucker up your lips instantly.
- Feels very light on the lips and is hydrating.
- If we think of it as a gloss-cum-stain, the staying power is pretty decent, if you don’t eat or drink much.
- Doesn’t sting or give any kind of sensation, which can make you feel uncomfortable.
Cons of Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss – Cool Coral:
- These awesome stains are very difficult to find in India except for some online sites.
- Not at all waterproof, doesn’t survive heavy meals.
- Applicator is not super good, makes application a little difficult, especially for thinner lips.
Would I Recommend Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss – Cool Coral?
Yes obviously! I like this one more than “Fresh Fuchsia.” It can be worn every day, if you like to wear those poppy colors on your lips. Good substitute for red lipstick in this festive season. It will surely go with any kind of outfit.
My love for this shade will mark the overall product 4.7/5
Maybelline Superstay 10 Hour Stain Gloss – Fresh Fuchsia
Maybelline Superstay Gloss Photos, Swatches
Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick – Continuous Cranberry
Maybelline Super Stay 14 HR Lipstick Fuchsia Forever
Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick-Enduring Ruby
Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick – Endless Raisin
Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick – Always Plum
Bourjois Paris 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Stained Gloss – New Wave
10 Best Coral Lip Glosses to Choose From
Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist – Coral Sunset
Colorbar True Lip Gloss – Coral Craving
Faces Go Chic Lip Gloss – Sheer Coral
Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence Eau de Parfum
The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB Cream