Maybelline WaterShine Lipstick Review in Rose Jam
I am Rupam and this is my very first post on IMBB. I am feeling honored to be a part of this blog now. 🙂 First of all I want to confess that before knowing this blog I was not really interested in makeup and all. But one fine day while surfing on net I accidently opened this site and read some of the posts of it. From that day onwards I am completely hooked with IMBB.
Today I am going to review one of my lipsticks. It’s a watershine lipstick from Maybelline in ‘Rose Jam’.
Price – Rs. 230 for 3.4 grams
Maybelline Website says –
A splashy wet shine look and brilliant color for yummy looking lips
Conditioners to keep your lips perfectly moisturized
A lip smacking treat that glides on like a dream.
Maybelline Watershine lipsticks are not actually lipsticks. They are lip glosses in the form of a stick.
I bought this because I wanted a natural sheer shade on my lip. But I didn’t knew that it’s so poorly pigmented. One has to atleast apply 4-5 swipes on the lips to get the right color otherwise it’s just like the tinted lip balms like Nivea Fruity Shine and other. Talking about the staying power, it was a big disappointment for me. It didn’t stayed for a one hour and disappeared like magic. I went to a beauty shop for buying some other lippies from Maybelline as I wanted to have atleast one color from the Color Sensational Range and the SA asked me to try the lipcolors on my lips as I was very confused between ‘make me pink’ and ‘my mahogany’. I told her that I have already applied a lipstick which she reverted that it doesn’t seem like as if I am wearing anything on my lip. I was shocked and checked the mirror. She was actually right. My lipcolor had vanished by that time. 🙁
Even after trying Maybelline color sensational range, I am really not satisfied by the staying power of their lip colors but thing for which we all will agree that collection is very nice and for every complexion on earth they have a suitable lip color.
Here is the swatch:-
Outside (3-4 swipes)
Here is the swatch in room with artificial light :-
Here is the snap of my bare lips :-
And then this is the photo after application in natural light(4-5 swipes):-
And this one in artificial lights :-
I love the color of it but I just wish if it could have stayed for a longer time than just 1-2 hour.
Pros of Maybelline Watershine Lipstick Rose Jam
1. I love the color of it. It’s quite natural and rosy as the name suggest. tempting enough!
2. Easily available in every beauty shop
3. A great substitute for lip glosses
4. I think it can also be topped with matte or dull lipsticks to give a glossy effect.
5. It didn’t dried out the lips and was moisturizing as claimed.
6. It lefts a tint of color after disappearing
7. The color is universally flattering and one can wear it in every occasion or with every attire.
Cons of Maybelline Rose Jam Lipstick
1. First and the most important ‘STAYING POWER’. If it had more staying power I would have loved to try other shades as well in this range because I prefer tube form lip colors instead of liquid lip glosses with wands.
2. The packaging is not that eye appealing like Maybelline color sensational range. It’s in pink plastic casing and looks cheap. I wish they do some changes in the packaging to make it more attractive. One can not flaunt this 😛
3. The quantity is just 3.4 grams. Not too less but also not equal to the other lip colors of 4.2 grams in other ranges or brands. I am also saying this because you have to actually apply 4-5 swipes to get the color on your lip 😛
4. Ingredients are not mentioned.
5. You have to do frequent touchups with this lip color.
Final verdict :-
If you want a substitute for a lip gloss then you can happily consider it. For the people who prefer no frequent touch ups like me it’s a complete ‘no’.
I hope it was a helpful review. 🙂
Have you used Maybelline Watershine Lipstick? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Maybelline Watershine Lipstick Review
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Pink Petal Review, Photos and Swatches
Coral Lipstick : Maybelline Crushed Cranberry vs Avon Cool Coral
Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Warm Me Up Swatches and Photos
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- My Mahogany
Maybelline Lipstick Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Autumn Rush Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick Buff, Pure Plum Review, Shades