WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Maybelline Whitestay UV compact- Review
This one is for you Ki. 🙂 Hope it helps…
Maybelline is a brand which is quite close to my heart. I have many Maybelline products and I have found quite a few HGs there. I found Maybelline Dream Matte mousse, Shadow Stylist, a plethora of shades in the Moisture extreme range and of course the Maybelline Whitestay UV compact.
Maybelline Whitestay UV compact is a pressed powder which is packaged in a white round pack. The packaging is no non-sense stark white. It has following information-
- Maybelline New York Whitestay UV- Fairness compact powder
- Glowing finish instantly
- Vitamin C brightens skin tone instantly for visible fairness that lasts all day
- SPF 18 UV filters protect from skin darkening
- Skin stays flawless and fresh all day long
- Hides dark spots and imperfections for a flawless natural look
- Oil-free powder keeps skin feeling fresh through the day
- Silky soft texture
- Ultra fine powder spreads easily and smoothly onto skin
- Lightweight and mild, this powder is suitable for everyday use
How to use: Pat small amounts gently on face and neck. Blend using puff. Suitable for everyday use.
- Dermatologically tested
- Allergy tested
- Won’t clog pores
The compact is available in five shades namely- White Ivory, Light Ivory, Natural, Nude and Fawn. (Lightest to darkest)
It costs Rs. 150/- (Indian Rupees). 😀 Isn’t that great???
I have one in the shade Fawn.
- The shade White Ivory is pure white- looks like they have compressed talc. I can’t fathom why they would have created it, as it will not suit any skin tone. And if you have to use a chalk white powder, what is wrong with Pond’s talcum powder or the likes???
- The only reason I could think of is perhaps they wanted to make it look like a fairness powder. (That doesn’t even make sense to me!!!)
- But I was absolutely scared of it. But this shade, Fawn, looks like it was custom made for me. Me happy!!!! 😀
- The shade Nude has slight pink undertones while Fawn is warmer.
- Light ivory is for fair skin tones while Natural is for Fair to medium.
Here is why MAybelline Whitestay UV Comapct is my HG-
- I found my perfect shade with it, 😀
- It is very light. It does not make me look cakey or made up.
- It brightens my skin as soon as I apply it. But I am not sure what the phrase Fairness Powder means…. 😕
- It sets makeup like a dream. Even my blush lasts longer on top of this.
- It instantly hides blemishes and even lightens dark circles.
- The coverage is medium. But if you have a lot of blemishes or spots a concealer maybe required.
- I sometimes use it to hide excess of blush. It also hides under eye smudged kajal. It is perfect for touch-ups through the day.
- Also it is small and a staple in my handbag. Actually I bought another piece just to keep in my bag for touch-ups.
- I do not have an oily skin but my mom does. She uses the same product in the shade ‘Nude’. It keeps her skin oil-free for a long time. It is perfect for oily skin.
- I have very dry skin but this one does not dry me out. No dry patches at all!!! So it is perfect for dry skin too!!
- It blends well and works with all types of foundations.
- It does not clog pores. I never had any break outs with this.
- At the same time, it gives a pore-less, even coverage.
- A very little goes a long way.
- It has absolutely no odour which I like.
- I prefer to use only this if I want a matte look. My daily makeup includes a tinted moisturizer set with this compact. And I am set for the day!!!
- The puff that comes with it is tiny but does its job well.
- The compact comes with a mirror in the lid which is fair sized and useful.
- Comes with SPF 18, although I do not bother with this. I either use a sunscreen or my Biotique tinted moisturizer (which has SPF 30) underneath.
- It contains Vitamin C, which is a natural skin brightener.
- It is so decently priced. And the product lasts really long. The one I have right now is only half finished and I have been already using it for the last 3 months…. Daily!!!!
The only problem with this is-
- The chalk white shade……. Do whatever you want to, but never go for it. I never would!!
- The powder is NOT buildable. If you use a lot of it, it would make you look OTT… it should be used judicially. One swipe is almost always enough.
- Other than that, this one is absolutely perfect. As I said earlier, I love Maybelline products. And I especially love this one!!!
I will definitely give this one—– + 0.5
0.5 deducted for the ghastly White ivory shade!!!!
I will be buying this over and over again… I also want to try their new Dream matte powder…….
Have you tried Maybelline Whitestay or Dream matte compacts???
PS: It’s Jomol’s wedding Anniversary today . Don’t forget to wish her. :heart:
It’s also my hubby’s b’day today. :party: – Rati