My Karvachauth efforts!
I have been wanting to venture into the mysterious eye shadow territory ever since I became addicted to IMBB… all I had was a huge makeup kit that is a pain to handle and hence drawn only for special occasions. I had no eye shadows for everyday wear. So, I got me the most popular quad in blogsville… the Chai Latte from Maybelline. While at the shop, I glanced upon the Apricot Flush blush too. Since I’d read this one to be universally flattering, I got that as well, just to add variety to my blush collection which now totals to two!! Not much of a makeup person, you see… Anyway, after I’d paid and was about to leave, the eye pencils caught my eye. There were some lovely greens in there. Now my dress was to be a green, so I picked one of those as well! I must’ve swatched around 15 pencils and picked one closest to my dress. And that ladies, was the first rookie mistake I did! The colour showed on my hand pretty well but not on my dark and oily lids ☹ I now feel I should have gone for a darker colour. Here are my new purchases…
Maybelline Chai Latte eyeshadow quad, Maybelline Apricot Flush Blush, Vov Colour Crayon Crème # 38
I also wanted to pick up an eyeshadow brush but the shop was out of stock!!! The SA tried to sell me a pack of Lakme brushes but I didn’t get it because
- I’d never heard of Lakme brushes and wasn’t sure about the quality
- It had an eyeshadow applicator and no blending brush!!!
So with this haul, I was all set to do myself up. I’d also picked up a Mehndi Cone and applied it on my left hand. Forgot to take pics of it yesterday so took one today…
The colour has already begun to fade which kinda makes me happy that this did not have an overdose of chemical in it! ☺ The chemical ones continue to darken for upto 2 days after application and fall off suddenly after 2-3 days.
Fasting was a bit tough, but lets not talk about that. After all, we are on IMBB and the focus shud be makeup and beauty. Right?
In the evening, I had just about 15 minutes to get ready. My sweetheart daughter wouldn’t give me any more than that. So this is what I did-
- Washed my face with Himalaya Neem facewash
- Applied Lakme Daily Wear Soufflé and Lakme Radiance Compact, both in Natural Pearl
- Dabbed a bit more soufflé onto the eyelids and patted up with Forest Essentials loose powder. This was to work as a primer. I don’t think I did a good job because the colour payoff was bad . 🙁
- I was so excited about the Chai Latte but disappointed at the payoff on my lids. Anyway, I covered my lid with the lid colour in brown, crease with the shimmery one and browbone with the highlighter, trying to blend them as well. I used the dark outer colour sparingly, lest it pronounce my dark circles.
- I then used the VoV pencil and lined my upper lid thickly. You could detect a hint of green there! I used it on my lower lashline too.
- Maybelline Collossal Volume Mascara and Lotus Kajal sealed the eyes.
- On the lips, I used Nivea fruitshine in Dragonfruit. This lip balm had been on my lips since morning and I’d touched it up just after washing my face. I topped that with an ULTA Super Shiny lipgloss in Sublime. This came with the makeup kit and I love it. It is non sticky, unflavoured, unscented, highly pigmented for a gloss and stays on for 3-4 hours with eating & drinking and 5-6 without! Since it was used on Karvachauth, I can safely vouch for the latter. 🙂
- Then came the blush. After the eye shadow disappointment, I actually considered not using this and opting for my regular Lakme blush in rose. But the peachy tint called me and I think it was the shimmer that tipped the balance. So, I used it and couldn’t have been happier. Loved the colour!
- Last was the Sindoor. Karvachauth look is just not complete without it IMO. The good ole Lakme Jewel Sindoor was what I used. Just love the maroon colour with specs of gold in it.
I couldn’t take any pics of me right away, but this is one after the Pooja. That would explain the disheveled hair and oilish face. I just coined that word and it means somewhere between normal and oily. Yeah, I am just weird that way!
So ladies, how do I go about using my Chai Latte?