WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am here with a review on the moisturizer that I had picked up from Michael Todd True Organics. I was eager to try all categories present in MTTO’s skin facial product line. As the product was mentioned as an antioxidant moisturizer, it became an apt choice.
The moisturizer comes in a purple-colored bottle with the cap in same hue. The bottle has a grey colored pump. As the bottle is opaque, I cannot see the amount of moisturizer present. The moisturizer has a very greasy thick texture. It is off-white in color. The fragrance of the moisturizer is mildly strong which smells medicinal. The fragrance however fades away in few minutes.
$29 for 2.4 oz. (70 ml).
My Experience with Michael Todd Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer:
The moisturizer has a creamy texture and even after application, it forms a light layer on the skin. As I have very dry skin, I did not find it troublesome, as I need more hydration for my skin. I found this moisturizer good during nighttime in summers while during winters it was more feasible to use it in daytime routine. As it has greasiness, it would not be suitable for oily skin.
The moisturizer contains liposome which helps in transporting antioxidants deeper into skin. Using this moisturizer did help in providing ample moisturization to my skin. It also made my skin look healthy and skin tone more even.
Along with liposomes, the moisturizer also contains hyaluronic acid, which acts as humectant to attract moisture to skin. It provided very good hydration to my dry skin. Once I apply this moisturizer, I did not need any moisturization for 7-8 hours.
DMAE or dimethylaminoethanol helps in providing skin firmness and improving any appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This moisturizer does not replace my anti-aging serum completely. Another thing I found was, I cannot layer my serum with this moisturizer as it makes my skin super greasy.
The product also claims to counteract sun damage. However, the brown sunspots on my skin did not fade or lighten. Using this product does require using sunscreen as it contains very potent ingredients. I did not find my skin reacting negatively to any of the components. However, I do recommend sensitive skin should do a patch test before using this moisturizer.
The fragrance is not a plus point of this moisturizer. It has a chemical smell to it which while application is a little repulsive. However, the good thing is that the fragrance fades away in a couple of minutes. The moisturizer can also be used as a mask, but I prefer to use it more as a moisturizer as I want the ingredients to work on my skin.
Pros of Michael Todd Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer:
- Provides good moisture for dry skin.
- Provides very good hydration to dry skin as it contains hyaluronic acid, which acts as a humectant.
- The product also contains Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Organic coconut oil and vegetable glycerin that provide a mild moisturizing layer on skin.
- The moisturizer makes skin tone mildly more even and healthy.
- It contains liposome which help the antioxidants present in moisturizer to work more effectively on skin.
- Does not require any reapplication for 7-8 hours.
- Can also be used as a face mask that can be rinsed off.
Cons of Michael Todd Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer:
- Cannot see the amount of the moisturizer present in bottle.
- Fragrance is not pleasant but fades away in a couple of minutes.
- Does not contain sunscreen.
- Using sunscreen with this product is mandatory as it contains sun-sensitive ingredients.
- Forms a mild layer on skin, which might not be suitable for oily skin.
- Sensitive skin needs to do a patch test before using this product.
- Does not completely replace the use of skin serum.
- Did not observe any lightening or fading of sun spots on skin.
Would I Repurchase Michael Todd Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer?
No, I would not buy this moisturizer again. It is a good moisturizer for dry skin, but not does not deliver as effectively as the moisturizers, which I have used earlier.
Michael Todd Balancing Gel Cream
Michael Todd True Organics Pearl and Silk Facial Mask
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
Michael Todd Knu New You Anti-Aging Face Lift
Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask
Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser