I prefer picking up face washes with more élan than cleansing milk. The suds of face-wash give me slightly rational satisfaction of cleaning more effectively than the foam-free cleansing milk. But having blessed with super dry skin, I do reach out for cleansing milk when I feel that my skin needs a soothing cleansing agent. Having said that, I picked up both the charcoal face wash and facial cleanser from MTTO. The “aaaha” moment to pick up this facial cleanser was when I saw it contained “AHA.” Let me go ahead and share with you my journey with MTTO’s Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser.
The facial cleanser comes in a pump bottle. It has MTTO’ssignature packaging colors of deep purple-colored pump with lavender toned plastic bottle. The pump can be removed from the bottle, so it is easy to find out the amount of content present. The facial cleanser has an off-white color and a creamy texture. The presence of Organic Green Tea in the facial cleanser can be immediately identified from the fragrance, but it also has a very strong odor to it.
$23 for 7.1o z. (210 ml).
My Experience with Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser:
I usually take one pump of the facial cleanser on the cotton wool and then apply on my face. One pump of facial cleanser is enough to evenly cover my face and another additional pump if I apply on my neck area too. The facial cleanser spreads very easily on the skin even though it has a thick creamy texture. The fragrance of the cleansing milk is a little strong and off-putting. However, once I rinse the facial cleanser off my face, the fragrance goes away.
After using the facial cleanser, I find my skin very fresh and clean. While applying the facial cleanser, it forms a thin layer on my skin. But after rinsing off with water, I do not find any greasy film on my skin. It gets easily washed off without leaving any residue. As I have dry skin, the facial cleanser has been very beneficial. After using the facial cleanser, my skin does not feel very dry as it happens after using face washes. It still feels hydrated and I have to apply a very light moisturizer instead of heavier creams.
On my hand, I have applied waterproof mascara, eyeliner, kajal, waterproof lipstick and lip gloss. Though the cleansing milk required multiple swipes over the waterproof mascara and lipstick, I was able to remove all traces of makeup. So, the cleansing milk is really effective in removing the makeup and dirt from the face.
The cleansing milk contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA). AHAs help in diminishing fine lines, skin blotches and discoloration. You can read more about AHAs here. AHAs also help in removing the dead upper layers of the skin. I did not find the cleanser as good exfoliator as a scrub, but it was helpful for effective removal of grime. As AHAs are mild skin irritants, it would be advisable for sensitive skin to do an initial patch test. I did not find any redness or irritation on my skin. As AHAs make skin sun-sensitive, it is highly recommended to use sunscreen while using these products.
It also contains organic green tea and citrus extracts of lemons and oranges for improving skin tone and making it radiant. However, since this is a facial cleanser, it does not stay for long on skin to provide significant benefits. I prefer to use this facial cleanser more during extreme dry weathers.
Pros of Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser:
- Good cleanser for normal to dry skin.
- Sturdy packaging.
- Cleanser has a creamy texture, which forms a mild layer on skin, but gets washed off without leaving any residue behind.
- One pump of facial cleanser is enough to effectively clean the face.
- Though requires multiple swipes on waterproof make-up, it does remove all traces of cosmetics and grime ultimately.
- Skin feels very fresh and clean after washing the face.
- After using the facial cleanser, it does not make skin dry unlike face washes.
- Leaves skin hydrated and dry skin needs very mild moisturization instead of heavier creams.
- Contains AHAs along with extracts of lemons and oranges and organic ingredients for providing clear and radiant skin.
- Beneficial during extreme dry weather conditions and can be used both during day and night time routine.
- Sulfate-free formulation.
Cons of Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser:
- Though the cleanser has a significant green tea fragrance, it also has a strong odor to it (which goes away after washing).
- Significantly pricey.
- Since it is a face cleanser , AHAs and other organic ingredients get rinsed off before making any significant change.
- Not a significant source of exfoliation even though it contains AHA.
- Sunscreen needs to be compulsorily used while using this product as it makes skin sun-sensitive (using sunscreen is always a good mantra).
- Sensitive and oily skin may need a patch test before using the product.
Would I Repurchase Michael Todd Skin Defender AHA Crème Facial Cleanser?
It is a good facial cleanser, but even with all its benefits, I cannot justify it being so pricey, so not buying this product again.
Would you have any recommendation on which cleansing milk I could try!
Michael Todd Balancing Gel Cream
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask
Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender
Jovees Multi Fruit Face Massage Cream with AHA
Mario Badescu A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap
Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
AHAGLOW Skin Rejuvenating Face Wash Gel
Glycolic Peel Treatment and My Personal Experience
Tom Ford Purifying Creme Cleanser
Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Creme Cleanser/Moisture Mask
MAC Lightful Marine Bright Formula Cleanser
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
L’Oreal Go 360 Clean Anti-Breakout Facial Cleanser
L’Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Facial Cleanser