WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer was the second moisturizer that I had bought from MTTO along with the Liposome Moisturizer. I had read about the benefits of Vitamin C on skin and anti-aging. Hence I picked up this cream so that at least a topical application could benefit my skin.
The moisturizer is packaged in a purple-colored plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. I had to in fact remove the pump from the bottle as I found the pump not working very effectively. The moisturizer, which is white in color, has a strong chemical odor. I could barely notice any lemony or citrusy fragrance in coherence with the product’s name. The texture of the cream is mildly thick and greasy.
$29 for 2.4 oz. (70 ml).
My Experience with Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer:
As soon as I take the moisturizer in my hand, it feels greasy. The same happens when I apply it on the face. The moisturizer does get absorbed into the skin, but leaves a mild film on the skin. As I have dry skin, it works for me, but for oily skin type, it might cause major inconvenience. I found the moisturizer very hydrating during extreme winter season; however, with summer approaching, I am finding it difficult to use it in the daytime. Hence I would be restricting the use of this moisturizer to only nighttime routine during summers.
The presence of Aloe Vera, Grape seedoil, Rosehip seed oil and Glycerin help in providing hydration to my skin. I found my skin to be very moisturized when I use this moisturizer. I do not require any reapplication for multiple hours. My skin continues to feel very smooth and protected. The moisturizer also contains hibiscus flower extract, vitamin E, vitamin B3 and vitamin E along with Acai fruit pulp extract to help in anti-aging. I did find my skin pores feel even, but there was no major face lift benefit.
The moisturizer contains essential oils of orange, tangerine, lemon and lime .They did help in making my skin feel more nourished. Similar to MTTO’s liposome moisturizer, this product also contains hyaluronic acid, which acts as a humectant to attract moisture to skin. It also contains DMAE or dimethylaminoethanolto help provide skin firmness.
The fragrance of the moisturizer is quite strong and smells more chemical than citrusy. The fragrance does stay for an hour hence I am not using this moisturizer very frequently. As this product contains substances which can cause sun sensitivity, using sunscreen is mandatory. So far, it has been a good hydrating moisturizer for me, but not an outstanding product.
Pros of Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer:
- Good hydrating moisturizer for dry skin type as it contains hyaluronic acid working as a humectant.
- Suitable during extreme dry weather conditions, especially winters.
- Aloe Vera, Grape seed oil, Rosehip seed oil and Glycerin in the product helps keep the skin moisturized.
- Does not require any reapplication for multiple hours.
- Hibiscus flower extract, vitamin E, vitamin B3 and vitamin E along with Acai fruit pulp extract helped in making skin smoother and skin pores more even.
- Essential oils of orange, tangerine, lemon and lime provide mild skin nourishment.
Cons of Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer:
- The moisturizer is greasy, hence not suitable for oily skin type.
- The fragrance of the moisturizer is quite strong and smells more chemical than citrusy.
- The ingredients present in the product can make skin sun sensitive.
- Moisturizer does not come with in-built SPF.
- Sensitive skin would need a patch test as it contains heavy-duty products.
- Not very convenient to use it during moderate climate as it makes skin feel oily.
- Does not provide major anti-aging benefits.
- Had difficulty using the pump of the bottle.
Would I Repurchase Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer?
As a moisturizer, the product was good, but other than that, it did not deliver any significant benefit. Hence I am not going to buy this product again.
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
Michael Todd Balancing Gel Cream
Michael Todd Cranberry Antiox Hydrating Anti-Aging Toner
Michael Todd Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer
Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask
Michael Todd Knu New You Anti-Aging Face Lift
Michael Todd True Organics Pearl and Silk Facial Mask
Bath & Body Works White Citrus Body Splash
Victoria’s Secret Sparkling Citrus Body Butter in Luscious Crush
Bath and Body Works Brazil Citrus Ultra Shea Body Cream
Bath and Body Works White Citrus Body Lotion
Khadi Moisturizing Cream Kesar, Aloe Vera, Honey
L’Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream Moisturizer
Nivea BB Cream 5 in 1 Beautifying Moisturizer
Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturizer – An Anti-Aging Cream For Oily Skin?