Yes, Diwali is finally here! Even the most calorie-conscious one out there is thinking about those delicious treats and sweets and the unending late-night parties where you cannot absolutely keep a count of the calories. However, the nightmare would start a few days after festivities when the numbers on the scale would start creeping up. But don’t worry yet, because Rati Beauty diet has got your back, and once Diwali is over, you can get back on track and lose all the extra weight; however, we would like to draw your attention towards 10 Mistakes that are slowing your weight loss progress right now and how you can correct them immediately.
1. You Like your Chai Sweeter: No matter if you are a chai or coffee person, it’s essential to avoid refined sugar in them, and if you like adding spoonfuls of sugar to make it sweeter, you are jeopardising your weight loss goals because sugar adds loads of empty calories, affects insulin (which is a fat-storage hormone as well), and raises inflammation in the body. Instead, try these “8 Best Healthy Replacements for Refined Sugar.”
2. You Believe Sugar-Free and Fat-Free Stuff are Weight-Loss Friendly Stuff: In the desperation to lose weight quickly, we often tend to fall for marketing gimmicks and pick food with labels such as “fat free” and “sugar free.” Now, what’s wrong with them, you may ask. Our body needs healthy fats and it’s not prudent to avoid them because they also aid in the fat-burning process. Additionally, most “fat free” stuff add loads of sugar to bring the taste back because the fat content has been stripped off. On the other hand, research has come out that “sugar free stuff” with artificial sweeteners can impact the body’s capability to judge sweetness and calorie content in other sweet things. Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and saccharin have been actually linked to weight gain. So, get healthy fats back on your plate and replace refined sugar and artificial sweeteners such as these honey, monk fruit extract, stevia leaves, jaggery, etc.
3. Not Counting Liquid Calories: It’s wrong to assume that beverages such as packaged fruit juices are healthy and would not add much calories. In fact, liquid calories get easily digested, and soon, you would be craving for more food, and in that way, would be adding more calories to the diet. Make every calorie count, whether it’s in solid or liquid form, and eat the fruits whole instead of juicing them out to preserve the fiber content.
4. Following Wrong Kind of Weight Loss Diet: A lot of people have this wrong assumption that eating fewer calories will lead to faster weight loss, which is absolutely wrong! With crash dieting and other fad diets, the body goes into a famine mode, preserving its existing fat deposits, and making losing weight extremely difficult. Follow the right kind of diet, such as the Rati Beauty diet, to lose weight at a faster pace because it’s not based on food deprivation or extreme cutting down of calories. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
5. You Turn To Food when Bored: Do you reach for unhealthy snacks when you are bored or feeling lonely? If yes, then you are indulging in emotional eating, where one seeks food to kill boredom, to reduce stress, or to calm jittery nerves – not exactly because you are hungry. This kind of eating pattern can actually slow down your weight loss progress, and in fact, lead to weight gain. So, detach food with emotions, and here are “14 Tips to Control Stress Eating to Lose Weight” to help you do that.
6. Leading a Sedentary Lifestyle: It’s extremely difficult to lose weight with a sedentary lifestyle where you sit in front of the computer for long hours, with little to absolutely no physical activity. As we all know, one needs to burn more calories than one consumes, and if you are not doing any kind of physical activity, the calories get converted to fat rather effortlessly. So, do not sit idle before the laptop/computer, because a simple activity, such as fidgeting legs can help you burn calories! Yes, apparently, people who fidget their legs through the day can burn significantly more calories than people who are standing still! Also, find every single opportunity to move, and try to be active as much as possible.
7. Not Sleeping for 7 Hours: We have been stressing on the importance of 7 hours every night to melt extra layers of fat because less than 7 hours has been linked to weight gain. Not getting enough shut-eye can wreak havoc on your hormones, increasing oxidative stress, raising inflammation, along with increasing hunger and appetite. All these factors add up and slow down the pace of fat burning.
8. You Eat Food at Random Timings: Eating at random times can lead to frequent snacking which can seriously lead to weight gain because it becomes difficult to keep tabs on the calorie intake. Eat meals at fixed timings and eat at the right time to boost weight loss efforts.
9. Eating Foods That Slow Down Metabolism: Refined grains, processed food, sweet beverages, junk food, and sweet treats tend to slow down metabolism and make the body less efficient at burning calories. So, avoid eating such foods to keep the metabolism torching higher, burn calories at a higher rate, and lose weight at a faster pace.
10. Letting Stress Take Control of your Life: Wondering why even with intensive gymming and extreme dieting, you are not seeing any progress? Blame it on the stress factor that increases the production of cortisol hormone that not only increases appetite, it also makes unhealthy stuff such as fast food extremely appealing. Stress can also dampen our motivation to exercise, lower metabolism, and increase hunger hormone “ghrelin.” All these factors add up in a major way to not only stall weight loss, stress can trigger weight, particularly around the belly area.
Avoid these mistakes and see those extra pounds melt away really quick.