A little mascara goes a long way, especially, when it comes to stealing the limelight, and if even if you do your complete makeup and miss the mascara, that’s a huge makeup sin! Unfortunately, many women think mascara is not important or not for them because they have tried and it seemed to not have worked. So, if you are one of those who feel mascara is not for you, try to find out if you are doing 5 of these mistakes while applying mascara!
1. APPLYING DRY MASCARA – Do not stick to your mascara till it’s expiration date! All the makeup experts in the world will tell you this – mascaras should be used within 6 months. Yes, 6 months, that is the golden rule! I know, there are many ladies out there who do not apply mascara on daily basis, but sweethearts, mascara dry out – whether you use it or not. So, just use it within 6 months or just throw it out! Unless, you want to step out with dry, flaky looking lashes!
2. NOT CLOSING THE CAP TIGHTLY – Or Worst leaving it in front of the air conditioner! Mascara dry out for a reason, when you apply it – It is supposed to dry out after coming in contact with the air. Close the cap tightly, infact, as soon as you are done applying it!
3. NOT APPLYING MASCARA IN THE INNER CORNER OF YOUR EYES– Use the wand to apply your mascara evenly throughout your lashes. You don’t just apply it in the middle section.
4. POKING THE MASCARA WAND RIGHT IN THE EYE!: If you are applying mascara in a hurry, right before rushing out the door, please do not! It can definitely be an “ouch” moment and cause injury. Always take your own sweet time to apply the mascara and wait between each coat to avoid clumpy and spidery lashes.
5. PUMPING THE WANT IN AND OUT – Serious, Don’t do this! Even if you have psychologically inhabited this habit– Just give up! It’s a bad, BAD habit! You can’t see the mascara – but when the first time you get your wand out of the tube, the bristles are already packed with the mascara! No point overloading the wand! Be patient with your wand- only then it can do, wonders for you! 😉
OVERDOING THE COATS – This is the reason your lashes clump. I know many beauty experts advise to apply coats and coats as it helps to highlight your eyes! But, remember even if you are a fan of many coats and can’t really give up after 3- 4. It’s time to let go, when your lashes give the faintest of the idea of clamping up! (Also, wait for about 15 – 20 seconds before you start applying the next coat!)
You will still notice how avoiding these simple mistakes, can help your work better with your mascara and make it your friend, even if your mascara isn’t exactly the best one available in the market.
Hope you find the article useful. Please comment below and let me know if these simple tips helped you out!
Till we meet Next – Stay Beautiful!