Hello Gorgeous Gals!
I’m here to share my thoughts on Moschino I Love Love perfume with you. My obsession with Dolce and Gabbanna Light Blue came to an end a while back, but my love for citrusy perfumes has lived on. I was on the lookout for the perfect light, uplifting, citrus perfume when I came across I Love Love. I ordered the perfume off after reading about it online. It was love at first smell, truly. The familiarity of the citrus notes combined with the novelty and cuteness of the packaging made it really hard for me to resist this perfume.
Perfume Background and Description
I Love Love was created by the renowned fragrance-creator Olivier Cresp, for the Italian fashion house Moschino in 2005. It is described as the perfume for “the woman in love.” The perfume smells very fresh and summery and is an instant mood lifter. Just like the bright blue and orange bottle it’s packaged in, the perfume just makes one feel bright and optimistic. I feel the smell is best described as citrusy with a touch of floral sweetness and muskiness.
Notes: Lemon, Orange, Red Currant, Grapefruit, Bulrushes, Lily-of-the-Valley, Cinnamon Leaves, Tea Rose, Musk, Cedar and Tanaka Wood.
Recommended Use: Casual; Daytime; Summer vacation; Work; College
My Experience with Moschino I Love Love Perfume
I’ve worn this to school every day for a while now and I am now on my second bottle; a rarity when it comes to my perfume use! I often get compliments on the perfume, from both women and men. I would recommend this perfume for casual, every day wear. It’s perfect for work/school, since the smell isn’t over powering and won’t bother any co-workers/classmates who have sensitive noses. Although the smell is summery, I wore it through this fall and plan on wearing it in the winter. On me, the perfume lasts for a good 5-6 hours. When I spray it on my clothes it lingers on for a few days.
Compared to Dolce and Gabbanna Light Blue, I Love Love smells a little sweeter. While Light Blue smells lemony and androgynous, I Love Love is definitely more orangey and feminine. I’d recommend the perfume to women who like fruity, citrusy smells, are looking for an everyday perfume that lasts for a decent period of time and those looking for a fresh, inoffensive fragrance.
Price: I paid $45.00 on Overstock.com for 3.4 oz. Or you can pay Rs. 3,700 on StrawberryNet.com for 3.4 oz.
Pros of Moschino I Love Love Perfume
– The price. At $40 for 3.4 oz this perfume retails for about half the price of other designer fragrances. You get a big bang for your buck, without compromising on quality.
– The packaging is super cute. At first glance, I Love Love’s packaging may appear abstract or even odd, but it’s a nice break from other boring rectangular bottles that crowd our vanities.
– It’s a mood lifter. This perfume makes the wearer feel bright and sunny. Just a few spritzes and you’re ready to take on the world.
– It’s broad appeal. As I mentioned above, I Love Love is a pleasing, inoffensive smell that’s bound to appeal to most people.
Cons of Moschino I Love Love Perfume
– Availability. I haven’t been able to find this perfume at any department store. Similarly, StrawberryNet seems to be one of the few retailers that cater to the Indian market and carry this perfume.
– Lasting Power. I’d rate the perfume’s lasting power as “fair.” The smell doesn’t vanish in a few hours, but it doesn’t last overnight like some other perfumes I’ve used before (ex. Chanel Chance, Ralph Lauren Romance).
– The cap. As gorgeous as the packaging is, the cap never stays on whenever I carry this in my handbag! I’m guessing I’ll have to use scotch tape to keep the cap in place whenever I travel.
Buy I Love Love if you’re looking for an inexpensive designer fragrance that smells bright and sunny and can be worn every day. If you’re one to judge a book by its cover, buy this because it’ll look super cute in your vanity/storage.
Rating: 4 ½ Stars out of Five