Intense Eye Liner Pencil which produces a precise and well defined line for accentuating the eyes with an intense colour finish.
£ 1 for 2 g, INR 550 or 399. (Depending on online offers).
The liner comes as a wooden, sharpen-able pencil, with a transparent cap, to which the in-built sharpener is attached. The whole body of the pencil is color coded. I like the in-built sharpener given with it and the quality of the sharpener is good too. It makes it really travel friendly.
My Take on MUA Intense Colour EyeLiner – Lovely Lilac:
Shade/Texture: Lovely Lilac is a pale hue of violet and it’s a true lilac color with a bit silver sheen to it. It’s really a lovely color and named correctly as Lovely Lilac. This kind of shade will suit almost every skin tone and can be worn on a daily basis. As it’s a toned down color, it won’t appear loud and hence is apt to wear in offices. The liner has very smooth and creamy texture. It glides effortlessly on eyes without tugging. It’s really soft, so the tip needs to be used carefully, otherwise it would break.
Pigmentation/Finish: The pale color is really pigmented, but the con is that in a single swipe, it doesn’t give that great color payoff on eyes. You will need 2-3 swipes to get that noticeable bright line of color on eyes. The finish of the color is semi matte.
Staying Power: For me, a liner should stay long and must be smudge proof and waterproof. I think this liner is actually not meant to be that. It’s not smudge proof at all, it doesn’t set down and just one swipe could take the whole color away and it hardly stayed on me for 2 hours. I tried not to rub or touch my eyes, but the color faded away by itself. The liner is really safe to use on waterline also, it doesn’t irritate or sting in any way. It’s just a creamy liner, perfect to be used as an eyeshadow base. The subtle color of the liner, the creamy texture and the decent pigmentation makes it a winner, but the staying power and the smudgy texture brings the liner really down.
Pros of MUA Intense Colour EyeLiner – Lovely Lilac:
- A very nice subtle lilac color, very uncommon from the eyeliner family.
- Can be worn daily and also to office.
- Texture is very smooth and creamy.
- Glides very easily on eyes, no tugging.
- Packaging is really convenient, with an in-built sharpener.
- Even though it’s a pale color, it’s decently pigmented.
- Really safe to use on the waterline too.
- Good to be used as an eyeshadow base.
Cons of MUA Intense Colour EyeLiner – Lovely Lilac:
- I think I could point out more of the cons than the pros of this liner. First, it smudges badly; the color would vanish from the eyes in one rub.
- Staying power is bad too; I mean just for 2 hours, I think MUA mistakenly had created an eyeshadow base instead of an eyeliner.
- Color payoff for this shade is really bad, it take 2-3 swipes of the liner to achieve the intense noticeable color on eyes.
- A little pressure needs to be applied to the tip, while applying the liner on eyes.
- The tip of the pencil is really soft, can break and crumble if too much pressure is applied and the sharpener needs to be cleaned frequently, as it gets too messy with the color.
Would I Recommend MUA Intense Colour EyeLiner – Lovely Lilac?
No for this time, even if you find the “lilac” lovely. It’s just a simple creamy liner, good as an eyeshadow base, don’t expect it to stay long and smudge free for hours. You’ll find many lilac shadows in the market, opt for them. I am not going to buy any of the other, after using this, but my greedy mind would like to pick the “bright orange” 😛
MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner
MUA Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil-Forest Green
MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil Rich Brown
MUA Gel Eyeliner On the Move
Fair & Lovely Under Eye Serum
Fair and Lovely Pimple Off Fairness On Face Wash
Faces Go Chic Lipstick – Rich Lilac
MaxFactor Color X-Pert Waterproof Eyeliner – Metallic Lilac
Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eye Shadow in Lilac
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow – Cool Lilac 38