Meeting you all after a long time,today I am here with a very cute lip stain (it’s not that cute), but a okay-okay product. Actually, it’s not part of my recent MUA haul (I mentioned it), It was sitting in my stash for months, so finally I made up my mind to review it on IMBB. Let’s start.
Kiss proof has a hydrating and waterproof formula which does not dry out your lips and is enriched with moisturizing panthenol. Kiss proof is a felt tipped pen for easy application to create a perfect line and Kiss Proof.
Lip Stain comes in three natural tones that can be used alone or mixed to create a unique shade for your favorite color. You can also use the stain as a base for your usual MUA lipstick or alone for a sheer lip enhancing color or with Intense Kiss lip gloss.
Price: £ 3 and INR 600 or 700 something.
Packaging: It comes in a color-coded thin plastic body, with a click lock cap, it has the ingredients mentioned on the body of the product. The packaging is simple yet eye-catching, very bright, colorful & sturdy too. The applicator is felt-tipped one, which helps in precise application of the color.It looks like a marker pen, but designed for lips.
Application: My personal tips for easy application of this lip stain is the applicator tip is supposed to be applied with a bit of pressure on lips, so the color comes out in more quantity and intensity.
My Experience with MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain- Fruitilicoius
First of all the claims made aren’t very true, Yes, it’s an non bleeding stain, lasts for good long hours, but it’s a very badly-drying lip stain. Though it has some moisturizing agents in it, like Panthenol, Glycerin & Alovera juice, but they are of no use.
Color: Fruitilicoius is a nice cool toned reddish/maroon pink shade, which will suit every complexion & skin tone, from fair to dusky, it gives a complexion enhancing effect, which is a very good side of this stain.
Texture & Pigmentation: The lip stain has a water/aqua based texture, not creamy nor moisturizing. Fruitilicious is a darkest shade in all the shades available, the stain is well pigmented, but isn’t very bright, it’s totally fine for me as it seems to be natural color on lips, pigmented lips will need 2-3 swipes to get a nice coverage, and for less pigmented lips just 2 swipes are enough.
Staying Power: The stain lasts for a good 3-4 hours easily, without much fading or smudging, it survives heavy meal & drinking, it does last long but till the last hour it makes lips look horrible by making it look chapped & unhealthy, but it’s not completely waterproof though. When it comes in contact with water directly, or licking your lips too much it goes off completely. It’s sort of drying within a few minutes of application but we also cannot expect a good moisturisation from a lip tint, but this one is terribly drying.
Pros of MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain – Fruitilicious
• A nice cool toned maroon deep pink shade.
• Will suit every skin tone.
• Gives a complexion enhancing effect, makes me look fair.
• Packaging is colorful and sturdy.
• Has a very nice & refreshing fruity smell to it, which lasts long.
• Pigmentation is really good.
• Looks natural on lips, in a single coat.
• Pointed tip applicator, eases application even on the edges of lips.
• The stain doesn’t bleed or transfer to anything like cups or glasses.
• Lasts for a good 3-4 hours without fading.
• Survives heavy meal & drinking.
Cons of MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain – Fruitilicious
• Feels very very dry within few initial minutes of application.
• Highlights dry lips, makes lips look patchy, dry & unhealthy.
• It’s not completely waterproof. Not “kissproof” too *hihi*
• Contains Paraben.
• The pen needs to kept in upside down position, so as to get more intense color on lips, otherwise the color doesn’t come to the tip nicely.
• The ingredient Benzyl Alcohol has been reported to cause skin allergies.
• The too much alcohol content in the stain makes it very drying, and it also dominates the moisture holding agents present in it.
Recommendation/ Repurchase on MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain – Fruitilicious: No, it’s a no from my side, it’s a curse for dry & normal lips, it makes lips look chapped, dry & unhealthy, and the chapped appearance of lips can’t be tackled by applying lip balm after hours, applying lip balm before would help. There are hundreds more better lip tints in the market. I’ll only buy the shade Fabulicious, but only for review’s sake.
My Last Word for MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain- Fruitilicious: I feel MUA needs to improve the quality of their lip stains (I must say the total lip range needs to improve in some ways). I must say the lip stain isn’t a dud, it would have been a good lip stain at such a price, but the much drying tendency makes it a No for everyone.
IMBB Rating: I would give it a 2/5. 2 for staying for good hours, -3 less for the drying effect.
MUA Kiss proof Lip Stain Kissalicious Review, Swatch
MUA Power Pout Lip Tint in Irreplaceable
MUA Intense Colour Lipliner in Pink Me Up
MUA Lipstick – Shade 13
MUA Lipstick in shade 15 – Juicy
MUA Lipstick – Shade 1
MUA Lipstick – Shade 3
L’oreal Color Riche Accords Intense Lipsticks – Swatches & Photos