WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today I am here with another shade in the MUA matte range of lipsticks in Scarlet Siren. Yesterday, I danced (just kidding) in the rain, my eyes were yearned to see the lovely monsoon, as this part of Kolkata, receives very less rainfall. So, without talking much, let’s continue with the review.
Everything from nudes to bolds, MUA’s matte lipsticks are available in 5 wearable shades that glide smoothly over lips to give a beautiful non-glossy finish.
Totally nude color glides over lips to give a soft matte finish.
Price: £ 1 and in INR 600 or 700 something (as on the website).
Packaging: As in the pictures you can see it comes in white plastic case, with the brand details written in silver. The cap is very loose, though it open not open by itself frequently, but there are chances of it coming off in your handbag, so be careful when taking it around in your handbag. As I said before the packaging of the matte ones are same as the creamy lipsticks, it has a detachable small pot of usable lipstick, which is also a shade indicator.
My Take on MUA Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Siren
Color, Texture & Pigmentation: The shade ` scarlet siren’ is a neutral red leaning towards the cool tone. It doesn’t look loud and is perfect for everyday wear too. The shade gives a nice complexion-enhancing effect and is suitable for every skin tone.
The texture of this lipstick is perfect for a matte kind of lipstick; though the bullet is hard, it’s really creamy & smooth while applying on lips. It has a waxy kind of feeling on lips- instead of feeling heavy on lips; it provides the needed moisturization we expect from our matte lipsticks. It doesn’t emphasize dry & chapped lips, nor does settle into the fine line of lips.
The pigmentation of this shade is awesome, it’s highly pigmented. 1 swipe transfers enough color on the lips, but the color can be easily build up to get more opaque finish for naturally pigmented lips.
Staying Power: I don’t know why the staying power differs from shade to shade. The same thing happened with this shade also, as the previous shade ‘totally nude’ was really long lasting, but this shade stayed on me for 2 hours with its creamy sheen and opacity, but it fades after 2 hours and leaves behind a strong stain which lasts for three hours easily and even moisturizes lips till it lasts. It doesn’t transfer much as when I tried it I did not eat anything in between, I mean it’s a matte lipstick not a tinted balm.
Pros of MUA Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Siren
• A nice muted red, perfect for everyday wear.
• I like the complexion-enhancing effect of the shade.
• Texture is very perfect for a matte lipstick, the bullet is hard but the lipstick is creamy.
• It glides easily and transfers even color on the lips.
• Moisturization is really good for a matte finish lipstick.
• The lipstick is highly pigmented.
• It doesn’t emphasize dry or chapped lips, nor does it settle into fine lines of lips.
• It has a waxy feeling to it, which I know some of us won’t like, but it doesn’t weigh down lips.
• Layering of the lipstick doesn’t make it look cakey.
• It lasts for 4-5 hrs (including staining), but I would consider it more of con than a pro.
Cons of MUA Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Siren
• I don’t know what happened with the staying power of the lipstick in this shade, it loses its creaminess and opacity after 2 hours, the tint would be enough for non – pigmented lips, but for most of us it’s is a big con.
• The packaging is not sturdy.
• It doesn’t fade out evenly.
• And it doesn’t survive meals too.
Recommendation/ Re-purchase: I don’t have much to complain about this range, Yes, the staying power & also the staining part of this lipstick took me a little by surprise, but if you’re in a search of an everyday wearable muted red shade of lipstick then I think this is a perfect one. I’ll definitely try some more.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/5. It would have been more, if it lasted with its full opacity & thickness for longer duration.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick – Scarlet Siren
MUA Lipstick – Shade 3
MUA Lipstick – Shade 7
MUA Lipstick in Shade 9 Review
MUA Matte Perfect Foundation – Natural
MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist
MUA Matte Perfect Loose Translucent Powder
MUA Pressed Powder