We often swoon over our favorite celebrities’ makeup looks at events like launch parties and film festivals. Aishwarya Rai’s iconic smoky eye look or Aditi Rao Hydari’s fresh, natural look become inspiration for our own recreations. Their makeup is impeccable and matches their hair, outfit and accessories perfectly. Naturally, the efforts going into their glamorous makeup is enormous. Each session takes a few hours, or more, especially if the looks are being created for movie roles. Most artists generally work for their clients back-to-back during peak months. Their remuneration runs into lakhs when they are associated with celebrities, films, events, and shows. Curious to know how much the makeup artists behind these looks are paid? Keep reading.
1. Daniel Bauer: He is one of the most famous makeup artists for celebrities currently, even lending his expertise in reality TV shows like India’s Next Top Model. He was named Vogue artist of the year as well. His whole team is well known for their amazing makeup skills. He is German but works in Bollywood for various celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Ileana D’Cruz etc. He charges 75000 INR for functions in Mumbai and 1 lakh elsewhere.
2. Mickey Contractor: Mickey Contractor is yet another popular makeup artist who has collaborated with M.A.C. to create his own line with the company. He is also responsible for bringing Indian makeup looks to the international stage. Apart from doing many video tutorials, he is also known as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s right hand when it comes to creating her sultry makeup looks. He charges 25000 INR onwards per session.
3. Ambika Pillai: Ambika Pillai has made her mark in Bollywood with her amazing makeup skills. She has been working in the industry for over 20 years. She has won many accolades and runs many salons in the country. She charges 25000 INR onwards for one sitting and 40000 INR onwards for bridal makeup. She has done many looks for actresses like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Malaika Arora during various film events.
4. Namrata Soni: Another celebrity makeup artist in demand is Namrata Soni. She is famous for doing subtle makeup for actors like Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan during functions. She is popular for doing makeup in movies and advertisements. She also does makeup for actresses like Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone, and Kajol. She charges 40000 INR onwards for each makeup session.
5. Mallika Bhat: Mallika Bhat is known for creating makeup looks for celebrities Kareena Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Mira Khan, and Shilpa Shetty, among other big names in Bollywood. She caters to the Kapoor family often. She charges 30000 INR onwards per sitting and a whopping 1 lakh onwards for bridal makeup.