As the newest member of the British royal family, Meghan Markle has been in the news a lot lately. The royal wedding, of course, received a lot of attention from the media, and the bride was praised for looking effortlessly gorgeous and truly royal on her wedding day. Whether you look at Megan Markle’s day-to-day beauty and style, or her appearance at major royal events, you will notice that there is a lot of grace and effortlessness that characterizes her style. In this post, I will take you through some of the top beauty secrets that get Meghan Markle to look the way she does.
1. A fresh face of makeup: Meghan does not believe in caking her face with foundation. She likes to keep things light, fresh and natural, and only applies foundation to the spots she needs to cover up. She likes her freckles to peek through her makeup. Her favorite foundation is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, and she prefers to give it a dewy finish by applying it with a damp Beauty Blender. She believes in priming her face using the Laura Mercier Illuminating Primer and setting her foundation lightly with Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder.
2. Bright, fresh and wide awake: Meghan believes in looking radiant, bright and wide awake, and for that she believes in concealing and highlighting the under eye area. She believes that nothing does the job better than the cult classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Concealer.
3. Luscious lashes and kohl-rimmed eyes: Meghan is one for clean and strong eye makeup, and for that she likes to use a mascara with a rich formula that gives her luscious-looking lashes. Her favourite is Diorshow Iconic Mascara. Another eye makeup favourite of hers is MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy.
4. A pop of colour on the cheeks: For the cheeks, Meghan likes to use a pop of colour, and her favourite powder blush is NARS Orgasm – another cult classic.
5. Clean, n*de lips: You will rarely see Meghan sporting bright and bold lips. She prefers to stick to a clean, n*de lip for the most part, and her favourite is a lipstick by Charlotte Tilbury. It’s called Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria.
6. A quick hair trick: Don’t have time to style your hair the salon way? Try Meghan’s simple trick. She uses the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to add some volume and texture to her hair, and this takes less than two minutes to do!
7. The use of oils: The British royal is a strong votary of virgin coconut oil, and believes in applying it to her hair for strong and glossy locks. She also swears by Leonor Greyl Huille Secret de Beauté Hair and Skin Oil, which is a luxurious dry oil.
8. No frizz and no flyaways: Meghan recommends a foolproof trick to tame frizz and flyaways, so that your hair looks on point all the time. She recommends using hair spray on a small boar bristle toothbrush (a regular toothbrush will also work) to gently smooth down any hairs that look out of place. This totally works!
9. A good body moisturizer: This one might come as a surprise, but Meghan swears by Nivea Firming Body Lotion to hydrate her body and keep her skin looking plump and fresh. Nivea is a very affordable drugstore brand that makes some of the best moisturizers out there, and this one surely works for Meghan Markle!
10. A facial workout: We all know the benefits of a good workout and how it helps bring a glow to the face. But Meghan specifically recommends a good facial workout or massage. She says that it helps to sculpt the face and restore a healthy glow to the skin. Meghan makes sure to go to a celebrity facialist and aesthetician for this.
11. Yoga and meditation: Meghan believes in cleansing the mind, body and soul through the healing practices of yoga and meditation. She makes it a point to follow these rituals to promote both inner and outer beauty.
Image Source: 1
Beauty Secrets of 10 Ageless Hollywood Starlets
13 Shocking Royal Beauty Secrets You Need to Know
The Gorgeous Nargis Fakhri’s Beauty Secrets
Beauty Secrets of Aishwarya Rai
Beauty Secrets of International Supermodels
Makeup, Skincare and Fitness Secrets of an Air Hostess