Hi Everyone, 🙂
I have had a great year in makeup from trying out so many new brands to going back to the favourites. It was a year of discovery most of all.
Here are some of the blushes and lipsticks I used and reused and abused in this past year. Hope you enjoy the post and as usual, I totally want to know your favourites as well in comments below. 🙂
Most Used Blushes in 2015:
- Gucci Blush in Soft Peach 030 – The color is a peachy pink perfection. It makes your skin glow…like from within. 😛
- Bobbi Brown Blush in Clementine and Pretty Coral : Since I had these blushes in a palette, they travelled with me everywhere and these blushes really ruled my kit this year. The colors, textures and pigmentation..everything beautiful. I don’t even know why I have not reviewed them yet. 😐 Coming up!
- MAC Pinch O Peach Blush : For my pink flush, I kept going back this beauty from MAC. Never disappoints.
- Givenchy Blush Memoir Rose Delicat : It feels like water on the skin and blends soooo beautifully just like your natural flush. It is my current favourite too.
- Chanel Les Beiges Blush 21 : It’s such a pretty coral blush and it’s so easy to use. Two swipes, blend, blend blend and you have a pretty coraly glow on your cheeks.
- The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer : My most abused contouring product from 2015 and years to come. 😛 Enough said. Ha!
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer : Like literally the favourite powder highlighter EVER!
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer No 2 : I really got addicted to using this stuff. Some days you don’t want to use a powder highlight but you still want that highlight on your cheeks, this is my answer to all the everyday dewiness. 😀
Most Used Lipsticks from 2015
- Tom Ford Lipstick Casablanca : This lipstick is my answer to all the MAC Cosmo look alike lipsticks. 😀 It has turned into a weird shape now..but so much love for this one.
- Burberry Lipstick Military Red : I so wish it had not broken from the bottom. Breaks my heart but it is probbaly my favourite red lipstick from 2015. Cannot help mention Tom Ford Ruby Rush and MAC Rubywoo since those are my two absolute favourites too.
- YSL Rouge Volupte No 34 : It is beautiful shade of pink. Got a lot of love from me this past year. The the packaging. Le Sigh!
- YSL Rouge Couture Lipstick Le Orange : This is my favourite formula from YSL lipstick range. And it is probably my favourite shade of orange too.
- Dolce & Gabbana Lipstick in Sensual 280 : If there is one lipstick that I am going to finish till the end..and that too in a month or a two. This is the one. 😛
- L’oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Maple Mocha : I started using L’oreal lipsticks towards the end of the year but I got addicted to their moist matte range. Absolutely cannot stop using Maple Mocha especially from the range.
- YSL Kiss n Blush in Fuchsia : For a bight pop of pink both for lips and cheeks, I reached out for this wonderful bottle a lot in 2015.
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayons in Scarlett O Hara and Holly Golightly : These are my current favourite matte lipsticks. Got hold of them towards the end of the year, used them throughout my travels and cannot stop using them. 😛
It is time to spill your beans! 😀
Also let me know what all other favourites posts you’d like to see. 🙂
Also Read :
My 10 Most Used Makeup Brushes from 2015
28 Best High-End Beauty Products of 2015
My Top 5 Favourite Concealers
My Top 5 Favourite Foundations
Rati’s Top 200 Makeup and Beauty Products List
18 thoughts on “My Most used Blushes and Lipsticks in 2015”
I don’t know how but had never seen MAC Pinch O Peach Blush before this and it is so damn gorgeous! I have started using blushes recently and loved MUR Hot! so much that am about to hit pan. I also used Maple Mocha a lot this year as it’s so versatile and suits my complexion well. I also used Coral Candy by Lotus Herbals a lot. 🙂
such amazing picks. You should check out mac blushes. you’d fall in love. I am so checking out that Hot blush right away! 😀
maple mocha is love!!
This post is a treat to the eyes – I see nice shades of pink!! Lipstick wise, it was all about crayons for me this year – from LA Colors to Revlon to crayon shades from other brands as well. I didn’t try any new lipstick brand, just the routine maybelline and Chambor ones Rati 🙂
Rati, I would like you to do an exclusive fav highlighter post 🙂
i know these crayon lipsticks are a total hit this year!! would try to do that jomo. :-*
Delightful treat for the eyes! Please do a post on eye products! Liners,kohls and eye shadows
yes that would make a good post. I’d do it! :)) thanks 🙂
My all tym fav ruby woo…chambor xtrm matte exotic fuschia… Sugar also m loving des days… And for cheeks me too lov ysl kiss n blush… Wanna buy all d shades on my nxt trip
i hope you do!! :)) you have listed my favs too! 🙂
Such a treat for eyes! Inlove with the lip colors <3 xoxo
This is a tough one Rati! I really have to rack my brains to remember what ruled my world – there have been just too many options around!
1. The Becca Shimmering Beach Tint Souffle in Watermelon/Moonstone – this one got abused coz the tiny pot was easy to carry around for travels and you don’t need a brush. Plus the colour it gives to the cheeks is super soft and natural. The other one was Papaya/Topaz.
2. MUFE Sculpting blush #8 Satin Indian Pink – this is the coolest shade of pink in my kitty and worked well with my purple lipsticks.
3. Laura Geller – Swirling blush in Papaya – will review soon
4. MAC Blushbaby – my no-brainer safe colour
Lips – For me, this year was interesting in terms of shades. For one, purples/violets rules my world with Heroine being my most used lipstick. To my surprise, I also saw myself gravitating towards neutral shades. And on the other hand, i was interested in trying bold unconventional colours like MAC Stone and EL Shameless Violet (will review it soon).
1. MAC Heroine – enough said!
2. My most used red would have to be Urban Decay’s Mia Wallace – what an absolutely gorgeous red.
3. My favourite neutral colour still remains Estee Lauder’s Rebellious Rose.
4. MAC Loved Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2 – launched towards the end of the year – an orange toned Red – absolutely stunning shade and way more becoming than Lady Danger!
5. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #19 Fuchsia in Fever – this is the one lipstick I will definitely finish and most definitely re-purchase! GORGEOUS!!
N btw – I finally got my hands on TF Ruby Rush, TF Casablanca and Burberry Military Red – which i am yet to try. And loving the first 2. I haven’t used YSL Le Orange in a while – but that is my favourite orange shade too!
One more lip colour – MAC Evening Rendezvous – LE. Unfortunately, for the lipstick, some random stranger in the mall told me that it looked good one me! So obviously, i was even more smitten with the colour! ha ha ha! So vain!!
taking notes. taking notes. haha! i think heroine would get some love from me this year around! need to whip out my blushbaby. it’s been a while.
how cool you got the colors! I hope you enjoy using them. :))
would love to read your review on laura gellar blush. ‘papaya’ sounds so nice and summery! 🙂
For me, 2015 was the year of no makeup! Absolutely no makeup! Just took care of my skin, lost a LOT of weight, cooking and eating super healthy! 🙂 🙂
Woow.. Such a pretty collection for 2015. I am also obsessed with the sugar lip crayon, I love the shade poison Ivy and Holly Golightly. But the Holly Golightly looks best on you 😛
I discovered and absolutely loved using Kryolon products this year. They are awesome stuff..easily comparable or even better than many high end brands in terms of texture, pigmentation and staying power. Their foundations and blushes especially are top class.
Loved going through your list Rati as always. Do you recommend Mary lou manizer for heavy duty highlighting like on the brides, Rati?