Skin type : Combination and acne prone
My shower is the place I love the most when I want to relax! I really don’t like it when someone disturbs me during my shower because I like taking my own sweet time to pamper my skin and to relax a bit. And definitely ,body care is one concept which is avoided by a lot of women since all they do is take care of their face, but hey, you need to treat your body too. So here, I am listing down all the things that I do during my shower time. I don’t use these products every-day as some products are meant for weekly use. This routine is like a little pre, during and post shower routine. I haven’t included my hair-care regimen since I intend to do a separate detailed post on it. So enough of babbling, let’s start!
Firstly, I Get Rid of Those Unwanted Hair:
I am a lazy bum and I wax or shave exactly before I shower since it makes my life so much more easy. I don’t go for wax at the salon; I keep some wax strips, epilators & razors handy. I have fallen in love with the entire shaving thing since I just need to spend like 10 minutes and my skin is hair-free. But, at times, I use wax strips for underarms since that area is too sensitive to shave. Plus, I always have this little epilator in my drawer to use at times when I don’t want to shave. So here are the products that I use for hair removal before my shower.
• Hip Hop Bikini and Underarm Lipo Wax Strips: I am not at all loyal towards wax strips. I am using this one currently, but I’ll pick up random packs on my next visit to the chemist.
• Braun Silk Epil Duo Plus Hair Removal System: We all know that Braun is one brand that always comes to our mind when we think of epilators. And this is one epilator that I have been using since years now and it still works the same way. It consumes lesser time and saves a few bucks too! Will review it soon.
• Gillette Venus Oceana Disposable Razors: These are so far the best razors I have used. They work amazingly well when it comes to getting rid of all the hair in just one go. I haven’t got any nicks or cuts till date with this one. It leaves my skin super smooth, supple and fresh.
Shaving Creams Give the Best Shave Ever:
There is a lot of difference between shaving directly on wet skin and shaving with a foaming cream. Shaving creams prevent nicks and cuts, and give that silky, soft and smooth skin. But, just like wax strips, I am not loyal to my shaving creams either. If I see a good one in the market, then I pick it up. And if I ever run out of a shaving cream, then I use my body wash because it works the same.
• Johnson’s Silky Skin Shower and Shave Cream: This is a double duty product – a shower gel and a shaving cream.
Massage Oils Give Me At-Home Spa:
Who doesn’t love massages? I am sure you all do! We all love massages since they help soothe and relax the mind as well as the body. I feel at peace when I massage my skin. Of course I can’t massage like pros, but just some slow, circular movements relax the tired muscles and boost blood circulation too. I do this probably just once or twice a week.
• Himalaya Stress Relief Massage Oil: I bought this oil like a few weeks ago and got totally lured towards the claim “Stress Relief”! Currently using it, so stay tuned for the review.
I Am a Hard-Core Shower Gel Lover!
I don’t need to elaborate a lot on this because you all know my love for shower gels. 😛 I might have tried like 100 shower gels by now. It was ages ago that I spotted a shower gel bottle on my cousin’s shower shelf and tried it that day, and there has been no looking back since that day. I love shower gels because they make me smell like a cupcake and don’t even dry out my skin like soaps do.
• Bath and Body Works Berry Flirt The Sweethearts Shower Gel: This is one of the best shower gels I have used so far. And how can someone ever go wrong with a B&BW? It makes my skin smell like fruity and juicy berries, which I love; plus, the smell lingers in my shower, which revives the senses.
• QVS Exfoliating Gloves: Like once in a week, I like using bath gloves since they deeply exfoliate the skin by removing all of the excess oil and dirt. I picked up the QVS ones like a year ago. I was using The Body Shop Bath Gloves before these.
I mandatorily use a loofah because the shower gel works 100 times better with a loofah.
Exfoliation is My Key to Smooth and Soft Skin:
Just like our hair, our body too needs a deep treatment every week. So I make sure I use a body scrub once a week to get rid of those ingrown hair, impurities and all the dirt build-up. Also, I would like to share one thing – you need to take care of your skin from head to toe. I have seen a lot of women’s feet looking 10 times darker than their face. Why so? Because they are the most exposed part of the body, and probably the most ignored ones too. So, once in a blue-moon, I use a foot scrub to get rid of dark and dead skin cells.
• Everyuth Naturals Foot Scrub: I had picked up the first tube long ago and the moment I used it, I fell in love with it. It is the best foot scrub ever and secondly it is so damn exfoliating. I have used up around 3 tubes by now.
• Yes to Coconuts Polishing Body Scrub: I had been using The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub and now I have finished that one. So I got a new one from the brand “Yes to”. It seems very promising but I will take a little more time to review it.
I Can’t Survive without an Intimate Wash:
I need at least one bottle in my shower because it is very mandatory to keep the private female parts very clean. I have seen a lot of women not having or using an intimate wash. If you are one of them, you gotta grab a bottle soon since it will help prevent a lot of issues and infections. If you get bored of using it every day, at least keep a bottle for when you are on your periods, it will help a lot! My favourites are listed below:
• Clean and Dry Intimate Cleansing Foam Wash
• Avon Simply Delicate Feminine Wash
I Layer up Lotions to Quench my Skin’s Thirst:
I have to admit that I actually don’t apply a lotion everyday. If I ever feel like or if I have some free time or if there is a bottle right in front of my eyes, then I use one, otherwise I usually skip it. A lotion definitely makes a lot of difference to the skin, so yeah I will start getting more regular at it.
Here are some that I am currently using and some that have been my all time favourites:
• Parachute Summer Refresh Body Lotion Spray
• Parachute Advansed Summer Fresh Body Lotion
• The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
• Bath and Body Works The Sweethearts Daisy Dreamgirl Shea Enriched Body Lotion
• Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti-Aging Lotion
A Hand Cream for Soft and Smooth Paws 😛
Since I work on the laptop the entire day, I make sure I apply some hand cream after applying a lotion because my hands tend to look lifeless and tired. My hands require a quick boost of nourishment and hydration, which is delivered by these hand creams:
Yes, so that’s my shower routine! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if there is any routine that I should do soon, then let me know. Working on the n*de and red lipsticks list, as suggested by you guys. Till then, toodles and take care!
My Current Skincare Routine for Dry-Combination, Sensitive Skin
My Skin Care Routine for Well Moisturised, Healthy Skin
Awesome Hair Care Routine For Gorgeous Curly Hair
My Hair Care Routine For Soft and Lustrous Hair
My Updated Skin Care and Hair Care Routine
Irresistible Products Every Strawberry Lover Must Own!
3 Body Pampering Routine for the Winter with Cinnamon
12 In-shower Essentials Every Woman Should Have