It’s would be a good idea to try detox drinks when you are on a diet and working out too because they can boost your weight loss process. Detoxification or detox is the process of removing toxic substances from the body, which is mainly carried out by liver. With detox drinks, we should be aiming at including ingredients that would help in cleansing the liver. Whether one wants to look healthier, wants clear skin, or wants to burn belly fat, flush out harmful toxins from the body, detox drinks can do it all. Of late, detox water has become very popular as a variety of ingredients can be added to add flavour to plain water and reap benefits from the potent ingredients added. In this post, we have included the recipes for 4 natural detox drinks for flat belly:
Some Ingredients Commonly Used in Detox Drinks:
1. Water: H2O is any day good for us, irrespective of its form; plain or mixed with items. Water helps in keeping our body hydrated and also in flushing out the toxins. Water helps in better functioning of liver and kidneys too.
2. Cucumber: Cucumber fights heat, inside and out. Cucumber also lavishes us with vitamins. Cucumber has high water content and dietary fibres.
3. Orange: Oranges contain flavonoids in the peel that stimulates the immune system and protects against pest. It also helps in reducing the cholesterol levels.
4. Lemon: Lemon helps re-hydrate the system and promotes digestion, which helps the flow of waste out of the body.
5. Mint leaves: Mint adds the sugary taste to the water, without actually having to add sugar to it. It helps in breaking down dietary fats and also relaxes cramped up stomach muscles.
6. Ginger: Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory ingredient and it’s also rich in vitamin C, detoxifies liver, and boosts metabolism so that you can burn fat at a faster rate.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar: It’s a great ingredient to include in detox drinks because it helps in cleansing the liver, reduces inflammation in the body, reduces bloating, and also regulates blood sugar level.
8. Cayenne Pepper: It helps by improving blood circulation and detoxifies liver. It is also very popular in weight loss drinks.
9. Honey: Combined with lemon, honey helps to flush out toxins. Honey also helps to fight infections and boosts immunity.
10. Cinnamon: It detoxifies the body and boosts metabolism. It also helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
Natural Detox Drinks for Flat Belly:
1. Orange and Cucumber Detox Drink:
• 1 litre water
• 1 Cucumber
• 1 Orange
• 1 Lemon
• A few mint leaves.
How To Prepare:
1. Take a pitcher, or a bottle.
2. Slice the cucumber in round shapes. Put them in a jug or pitcher or bottle, whatever you have. 3. Now slice oranges along with its peel and add them too.
4. Cut lemon into wedges and toss them into the pitcher. Add a handful of fresh mint leaves also. 5. Now, add required quantity of water depending on how strong you want the ingredients to taste and fill the pitcher/jug all the way to the top.
6. Let this mixture rest in your fridge overnight so that the flavours of all the ingredients steep and infuse the water.
Now, next day, whenever you want to drink down water, pour the required quantity of water(leaving the ingredients in the jug) in a glass, add a few ice cubes and drink down the yummy flavoured water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Ginger Detox Drink:
- 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Half inch of grated ginger
- Half tsp of cinnamon.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp of honey
Mix all ingredients in one glass of lukewarm water and drink before you hit the bed at night.
3. Watermelon and Coconut Water Detox Drink:
- 1 cup of watermelon cubes
- 1 tsp of mint leaves
- 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- 2 lemon slices whole.
- 1 cup of coconut water.
Mix everything well and leave it overnight at room temperature. Consume it first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
4. Apple and Cinnamon Detox Water:
- A few slices of apple.
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Two glasses of water.
Mix apple slices and cinnamon in water and keep it overnight. Consume it first thing in the morning.
Try this for a few days, and you’ll see the results in form of healthier looking skin, slimmer belly and overall, a fresher you. Don’t forget to eat a balanced and healthy diet along with this detox water to see the best results. Also note that, the ingredients should be removed from the jug and changed after maximum 24 hours. This is no magic. So, keep patience and don’t give up if you don’t see instant results. Until next time, stay healthy!
How to Reduce Belly Fat
Achieving a Flat Belly – What Should You Eat?
Homemade Detox Drinks
Detox Foot Bath – Tips and Recipes
All about Detox Diet
Sip On These Drinks To Speed Up The Weight Loss Process
10 Golden Rules to Weight Loss
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
Homemade Body Wrap For Detoxification and Weight Loss