Acne is a nightmare for most of us, especially teenagers. Some people have a genetic advantage when it comes to clear skin. While others not so fortunate ones, try every product available in the market in search of the magic acne treatment, a product that will zap their acne within no time and will give them healthy glowing skin.
But you don’t necessarily have to resort to harmful chemicals and toxic creams in order to fight it. Just try these easy and natural home remedies that are effective without being harsh on your delicate facial skin. Being free from harsh chemicals found in over-the-counter or prescription acne treatments these natural remedies are ideal for people with sensitive skin.
Not only are these home remedies safe on your skin but they go easy on your pocket as well.
Home Remedies for acne:
• Exfoliate your skin with baking soda. Take 1 tsp baking soda and add some water to make a paste. Massage it into your face gently for one minute. Finish by rinsing with cool water and patting dry. People with sensitive skin should do a patch test before trying it out on face.
• Rub natural honey into the skin and allow it to sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Honey contains antibacterial properties and can help hydrate the skin.
• Mix one part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water. Dab the mixture onto the face with a cotton ball.
• Grate a little apple and mix with honey, apply to the face for 15 – 20 minutes.
• Mix the juice of a fresh lemon with rosewater and leave on your face for a few minutes. Rinse off with pure water.
• Tea tree oil gently dabbed on the acne sores will help them to clear up faster.
• Combine groundnut oil equally with fresh lime juice; then apply on your face. Leave the mix for 15 minutes; next, wash off. This can be used everyday to prevent pimples and blackheads.
• Eat fruit and vegetables: It is a well known fact that fruits and vegetables are very essential for our body. Fruits and vegetables that have a bright red colour, like red peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, raspberries, are a rich source of antioxidants particularly an antioxidant called Lycopene. It protects our cells from free radical damages. Fruits and vegetables that have a bright orange or yellow colour, like oranges, carrots, sweet potatoes, and mangos, are high in vitamin C and Beta carotene. Green foods like kiwi, spinach, cabbage, broccoli and avocado, eliminate toxins from our body.
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water to hydrate and moisturize your skin. Water also helps to flush out toxins from our body.
What do you do to keep your acne at bay?
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack
Natural Homemade Face Pack : Honey & Oats
Diet for Acne
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
Does Exercise Help Acne?
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne