WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
You don’t always need the help of makeup to look your best. Everyone wants to look young, some look for natural options, others opt for botox injections and collagen fillers. A small percentage of women do also consider surgical procedures to look young, which is definitely an extreme measure. Let’s find out how you can look younger by a few years with natural ways.
1. Pat your skin, don’t rub: Rubbing your face especially with scratchy towels can cause premature ageing from the constant tugging and pulling of the skin. So always pat your face dry with a soft towel. If you are putting on makeup, be sure to apply upwards, rather than dragging it downwards as it can drag your skin down and cause sagging.
2. Sleep well: As they say, we all should get our beauty sleep! When you sleep for 6-to-8 hours each night, your body produces more growth hormones to keep your skin supple and elastic, which prevents skin from wrinkles prematurely.
3. Change your position: As we are discussing sleep, your sleeping position plays a crucial role! Be sure that you aren’t sleeping on the same side every night so as to prevent lines from forming one side of your face. The smile line is deeper, and there is a small vertical line on the cheek as the same part of the face repeatedly gets smushed up against the pillow. As time passes on, these lines will deepen, so try to balance and sleep on both sides.
4. Stop Smoking: Sun exposure and smoking are the biggest age accelerators. Smoking prevents blood and oxygen from getting to your skin and most cases of premature aging in younger people is due to smoking, so stop smoking for your body’s sake.
5. Wear sunscreen: As mentioned above, sun exposure without any sun protection can wreak havoc on your skin and make your skin years older. So always wear sunscreen no matter what the weather is and it should be above SPF 30 for maximum protection.
6. Eat Right: This is such a no brainer! Whatever we eat shows up on our skin as well as body. So try to eat healthy food as much as you can and avoid processed foods which are full of phosphates that accelerate ageing by replacing the calcium in your body.
7. Text Smarter: Who would have thought about this one, but this is so obvious. We are always continuously looking down at our computer as well as phone screens. Continuous looking down will create neck lines earlier than they should appear, in short, it will lead to sagging of skin around neck area which will make you look decades older.
8. Exercise: Eating right and exercising go hand in hand. Exercise basically kick-starts the collagen production process of building younger skin which slows down as you get older and also help to improve your posture making you look and feel younger along with making you more confident.
9. Moisturize: Moisturizing will prevent your skin from dryness which will further keep it looking smooth, supple and younger, so a good moisturizer which suits your skin type is a must to include in your skin care regimen.
10. Use Retinoid Creams: Retinoid creams help your body produce more collagen to make you look younger by getting rid of wrinkles, acne, age spots and many other signs of ageing. So you can include any retinoid-based cream in your skin care routine which suits your skin type.
11. Stay Young With Antioxidants: Antioxidants battle free radicals that speed up the ageing process. They reverse the effect of aging on your body so do include them in your diet. Berries are full of anti-oxidants which are great for the skin to look young and supple.
9 Wonderful Ways to Look Younger without Makeup
10 Ways To Look YOUNGER Than You Actually Are
10 Ways To Look Attractive Instantly
8 Natural Ways to Give Yourself a Transforming Face Lift
How To Get Younger Skin Naturally
How To Tighten Facial Skin Without Surgery
10 Steps to Get Fuller and Plump Lips without Surgery