The natural process of greying of hair is an inevitable one, and each one of us tries to find ways to deal with it. While some of us age gracefully and don’t wish to colour our hair, many of us want to find some remedy or the other to cover those grey strands that will only increase in number as time passes by. Now, of course, there are many types of hair colour and hair dyes manufactured by a large number of brands available in the market. But if you are skeptical of using too many chemicals to colour your hair, here are some amazingly simple and effective ways in which you can darken your grey hair naturally, in the comfort of your home. Let’s take a look at what these natural remedies are:
1. Henna: Applying henna on the hair to cover grey strands is an age-old Indian remedy. It works effectively and beautifully. Soak some henna powder in water and set it aside overnight. You could also add some strong brewed tea or coffee to this mixture to enhance the results. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it on for a few hours before washing it off. Henna is totally natural and safe, which means that you can use it as often as desired.
2. Curry leaves: Take some curry leaves and heat them in a saucepan along with some coconut oil. Continue heating until you see the mixture darkening. After this, allow the oil to cool and apply it to your hair wherever needed. Leave it on for an hour or so before washing it off. Curry leaves help restore the dark colour of your hair and the oil will ensure that you are left with soft and smooth tresses.
3. Black tea: You could brew some strong tea (using tea leaves or a few teabags dipped in hot water). Allow the tea water to cool. Once it is cooled, apply it to your hair and allow it to sit for some time before rinsing it off with cool water. Tea contains certain pigments that help darken your hair.
4. Coffee: Coffee works in a manner very similar to tea as far as tackling grey hair is concerned. You could brew a strong version of coffee and allow it to cool. Apply it to your hair and let it sit for some time before washing it off with plain water. You could also add this brewed coffee to a henna preparation for more enhanced results.
5. Potato peel: This is a very easy and effective way to deal with grey hair. You will need to peel off about 5-6 potatoes. Boil the potato peels in water until you see the frothy starch forming. Separate the peels and collect the water that has all the starch in it. Wash your hair with shampoo and follow it up with conditioner as usual. Now, take the potato peel liquid and apply it to your hair. You don’t need to rinse it off. The starch from the potato peel adds pigment to your hair, thereby taking care of any grey strands.
6. Indian gooseberry (amla): Amla is a great fruit that is known to make your hair look shiny and black. There’s nothing like including amla in your diet if you want to keep your hair from turning grey. If you wish to apply amla topically, you could mix some amla powder with some coconut oil and apply it to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for a few hours or even overnight. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. You could do this on a weekly basis to prevent your hair from turning grey.
How to Make Gray Hair Black Again
Premature Grey Hair– Cause and Prevention
Complete Guide To Premature Greying Of Hair
8 Natural Remedies to Treat and Prevent Grey Hair
8 Quick Fixes for Grey Hair
Hairstyles To Hide Grey Hair