WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
So, as winter is approaching, I guess most of us are sure busy in hunting down moisturising skin products, be it body washes, crèmes, scrubs and all sorts of lotion-potion and solutions, isn’t it??? Its winter and hence, its the party season!!!! You definitely want your skin to behave well right now and tolerate all your chemical abuses. Here’s a product that you can most definitely trust now (and all the year round too!!)
Its’ the Nature’s Co. Coffee Scrub (from the earthborne range ). I got it about 15 days back and have been using it regularly. So, I guess I am in a position to summarise the pros and cons.
Well “it’s just…..OOSSSSUUMMM !!!!” O: -) If you love the smell of coffee, you will love this one. If you are a caffeine addict, you will be hooked on to this too.
What the Company Claims?
Pamper the coffee lover in you with our invigorating coffee face scrub.it is full of anti microbial and anti oxidant properties that sloughs dead skin.boosts circulation and imparts an instant radiant glow.wet your face and neck.massage gently using light circular motions. Rinse off and pat skin dry.can be used daily. Go ahead and get addicted!
Each 100 g contains- coffee extract-0.5% Coffee poder-1% coffee grits-3% vegetable glycerine-6.5% olive oil 1% cream base,aroma&natural preservatives.Products made from natural hill spring water.some people may be sensitive to natural ingredients used in the product.
525 INR for 125 ml(4.22 fl oz).
My Take on The Nature’s Co. Coffee Face Scrub:
When the other day, I went for my haul, I wanted a decent scrub for moi (as I lacked one and I am a bit clumsy in DIY’s). When the SA showed me this one, I was really tempted. The price was way too much for me, but one whiff and I was in some other land :P, the rich smell of coffee made me drool over it.
The packaging is neat and decent. It comes in a tube with an easy to handle flip-flop cap. The ingredients list is mentioned along with the shelf life.
Back home, I did a bit of research on the benefits of coffee in skin care and thought of sharing it with you.
- Aromatherapy- coffee oil/scent of coffee helps in clearing the mind from excessive thoughts. It acts as a mood elevator and combats depression. It may also help to get rid of nausea.
- Antioxidants – Most of us know that coffee is a great source of antioxidants. The caffeine in coffee acts as the antioxidant and in skin care, it helps by neutralizing the effects of free radicals on the inner layer of skin. Damage to the inner layer results in age spots and wrinkles. The antioxidant is absorbed by the skin and thus prevents in premature aging.
- Exfoliation – coffee scrubs are made with coarse grounds with salt/sugar. This helps in proper removal of the dead skin.
- Blood flow – caffeine increases the blood flow in skin and may reduce appearance of cellulite.
Coming back to the product, it is creamy in texture and has got this coarse granules of coffee which cleans away your dead skin perfectly yet keeps moisture intact. My skin feels soft and supple and moisturised after scrubbing. I have been using this scrub everyday after cleansing my face and follow this up with a splash of rose water and some moisturising cream. My skin feels squeaky clean and refreshed and I am more than happy with the results.
Pros of The Nature’s Co. Coffee Face Scrub:
- The smell, rather the aroma is awesome! Its just like freshly-brewed cappuchino!!!ummmm.
- The texture is creamy, so won’t leave your skin dry or scratchy, perfect to neutralise the coffee granules.
- Exfoliates well.
- Transparent tube with easy-to-handle flip-flop cap, travel friendly.
Cons of The Nature’s Co. Coffee Face Scrub:
- The price-quantity ratio; at 525 bucks, you at least want to get 250 mg of this.
- Though it’s mentioned for all skin types, I am not sure how this one would fare for oily-skinned beauties in summer.
Would I Recommend This Product?
Absolutely YES! If the price is okay for you and you love the smell of coffee, you will definitely find yourself sniffing at it throughout the day! It’s a must-try product.
Would I Buy This Again?
4/5 (for the price of course!).
Hope you like this review, take care.
The Nature’s Company-Online Skincare Haul
The Nature’s Co Sweet Almond Foot & Toe Cream
Nature’s Co Travel Kit II – Lavender Body Lotion, Cinnamon Bath Salt & Lemon Ginger Soap
Nature’s Co Travel Kit I – Watercress Shampoo, Watercress Conditioner & Lemongrass Body Wash
Nature’s Family Apricot Scrub
E.L.F. Studio Cream Eye Liner Coffee Review, Swatch, EOTD
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil : Deep Red, Iced Coffee, Soft Fuchsia
Health Benefits of Coffee
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks – Crazy For Coffee and Copper Brown
Homemade Face Scrubs With Fruits
Hip Hop Skin Care Kiwi Face Scrub
Oriflame Swedish Spa Face Scrub
VLCC Natural Sciences Rose Face Scrub
Tvam Almond And Honey Face Scrub And Body Polisher
Tvam Almond And Honey Face Scrub And Body Polisher
FabIndia Papaya Face Scrub