Today I am going to review a day moisturizer from one of my not-so-recent hauls at The Nature’s Co. Its called the Marshmallow Day Cream from their Atmospure Range,
Rs. 725 for 50ml
For those of you who are familiar with the brand – you would know that they have different ranges catering to different lines of fragrances Atmospure, Foressence, Starrize etc. This cream is a part of their Atmospure range that is inspired by pure air and is supposed to soothe and calm.
Product Description & Ingredients:
The list mentions all natural ingredients without any ‘cones’ which is very reassuring. However, I don’t know what is included in cream base, aroma and natural preservative *raises eyebrows *
My Experience with The Nature’s Co. Marshmallow Day Cream:
I have super oily skin in general but during winters I experience dry patches around my nose and mouth and occasional redness and breakouts. My skin is surprisingly very healthy and clear during summers. So I was on the lookout for a cream that would take care of the dry patches and at the same time won’t make my skin shiny and slick with oil.
When I visited The Nature’s Co. store I was pretty tempted by the fact that they have all natural products. So I decided to give this a try.
This is an off-whitish cream with a somewhat thick texture. The cream goes on pretty smoothly but needs some work in getting absorbed. I have to wait a minute before I can start applying my sunscreen as my skin is pretty used to light gel moisturizers like the Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Gel. The cream does make my skin very soft and supple once absorbed but I can see that I would be able to use this in winters ONLY.
For my oily skin this would be heavy and greasy during summers. Even in winters my skin starts feeling slightly shiny and oily after 3-4 hrs. But to give credit where its due, it takes care of those dry patches very well. Also my makeup goes on very smoothly over this cream.
However, it does not take care of those occasional breakouts or inflammations as it claims and I did not see any difference in my breakouts in terms of calming active breakouts or preventing new ones.
Pros of The Nature’s Co. Marshmallow Day Cream:
• Very smooth and creamy texture and spreads easily.
• Moisturizes skin very well and makes it super soft and supple.
• No stickiness or oily layer once applied.
• I like the smell – I have never smelt marshmallows, but it smells kind of sweet and minty which I like. Its very mild and goes away after a while.
• Completely natural with no parabens or ‘cones’ – so I like! – that is, assuming the suspicious cream base, aroma, and natural preservatives don’t contain any of these 😀
• I find it very good right after I have scrubbed my skin and it feels slightly stretchy.
Cons of The Nature’s Co. Marshmallow Day Cream:
• The packaging is kind of bulky and its not travel-friendly at all. Moreover it has tub packaging so you have to dip your fingers in the tub.
• This is not well suited for oily skin as my skin starts feeling oily after a few hours.
• Does not calm breakouts or prevent them.
• Takes some work to get absorbed into the skin, maybe because I have oily skin.
I don’t think this cream is suited for oily skin. I can see that it would work superbly for people with combination or dry skin who have occasional bouts of dryness or a few rough flaky patches here n there. But it would be too mild for people with very dry skin.
I wont repurchase, but I would definitely recommend people with combo or dry skin to give it a try because it does a great job of moisturizing the skin and making it soft!
Hope you guys like the review and find it helpful 😀
The Nature’s Co Nori Hair Conditioner – Review
The Nature’s Co Nori Hair Cleanser-Review
The Nature’s Co. Mango Sun Protecting Lip Butter Review
The Nature’s Co. Coffee Face Scrub
The Nature’s Co Apple Guava Hair Conditioner
Olay Natural White Day Cream Review
Pond’s Age Miracle Cell ReGEN Day Cream Review
Lush MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment Review
MOR Marshmallow Little Luxuries Body Butter