Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB sun protection
Coming back after a short break…Well, this time I thought of sharing with you all my experience with a product, which I like a lot- Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture SPF15. This is a real time saver in my busy and hectic morning schedule where I don’t get much time for my office skincare/make-up. I always look out for products which have two-in-one features and this moisturizer has turned out to be the perfect pick since it is an Oil-free Moisturizer combined with Sunscreen. Am using this daily for more than a year now and I feel this is worth a try for anyone who is lazy/doesn’t have time and patience to apply moisturizer and then wait to get it absorbed and then apply sunscreen, again wait to get it absorbed and do the rest of make-up….
What the product claims:
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15 is clinically proven to combine long-lasting moisturisation with effective sun protection for softer, smoother, younger looking skin.
- All day moisturisation: Lightweight, non greasy lotion keeps skin moisturized for 12 hours. Sheer formula absorbs quickly into skin leaving it smoother and softer.
- Effective Sun-Protection: UVA/UVB SPF 15 sunscreens help prevent damage to the skin caused by everyday exposure to sun’s rays.
- Extra Gentle: This allergy tested formula contains no fragrance, no dyes, and no excess ingredients. Non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores that can cause skin to break out.
- Dermatologist tested formula: Allergy tested, Fragrance-free and Alcohol-free.
Directions: Use 1 pump and apply all over face and neck. Use daily alone or under make-up.
Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate 6%w/w, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid 1%w/w.
Preservatives: Hydroxybenzoates, Phenoxyethanol.
Dermatologist Note: Many oil-free moisturizers contain moisturizing agents with humectants properties. Humectants increase the water content of skin without adding shine, clogging pores or causing make-up to smear, thus making them ideal for oily skin.
Price: Rs 250 for 115 ml bottle.
What I like the most in Neutrogena Oil-free moisture SPF15:
- This is a Two-in-One product: moisturizer clubbed with sunscreen which removes the additional step of applying sunscreen over moisturizer on face-SAVES TIME.
- Absolutely oil-free which makes it perfect for those who have oily skin like me.
- Serves as a good oil-free base for make up. I have felt make-up stays on for longer when I use this moisturizer.
- Has SPF 15 – protects skin against harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Gets absorbed into skin very fast, within seconds I should say and gives your face a matte effect which is also soft n smooth to touch. For me, the effect lasts for 4-5 hours on humid days and otherwise even more than 7 hours if indoors in AC.
- Fragrance-free, if you are someone who doesn’t like any kind of fragrance in your facial products then this is for you.
- It comes in a good quality pump dispenser with lock –very convenient and hygienic packaging; you can easily carry this in your handbag without the fear of spilling.
- Consistency is good – not too runny like lotion nor very thick like cream.
- As the product claims this is non-comedogenic. I have not experienced any break-outs after using it.
- Price I feel is quite justifiable since very little quantity is required every time; one pump is more than enough for face and neck.
- This does not contain Parabens.
What I din’t like about Neutrogena Oil-free moisture SPF15:
There is nothing as such which makes me dislike the product since you don’t have much similar options in other brands to choose from in this category (moisturizer+sunscreen) and thus do comparisons study. However following are the 2 things which I felt on the negative side:
- Though it says “For all skin types” I doubt if it will suit dry skin which needs an extra layer of moisture to keep the skin hydrated.
- Am not sure about the availability part too – though I have seen many stores at my place stocking Neutrogena moisturizer for Combination skin, seems this Oil-free moisture with SPF15 is not that easily available nowadays, at least in my place.
Will I Re-purchase the product: Done that already and will continue until a find a better alternative.
So for those who have not tried this product, hope the review helps to know this better and try it out too. Also expecting to hear from others who have tried this. Would be great if anyone can suggest similar products in other brands as well suited for oily skin… Have a great Day!!!!
33 thoughts on “Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB Sun protection”
Hey Shyna…have been using this product for the past one year recommended by my dermatologist….and it works beautifully on my face…love ..love..love it….because its non-comedogenic..it does not clog pores and i have seen visible difference in my pre and post acne skin…i hv very dry skin…and this works quite well on it…feels nice and supple 🙂 so definately a thumps up from me :yes:
Same pinch Priya, me too started using it based on dermatologist reco.. :-))
sounds liek a great product 🙂
yeah, do try it out monika!
Sounds good for oily skin… Neutrogena is pretty much oily skin oriented.. :-/ :-/ :-/
True Mrun, they have excellent range for oily skin…
But did u see Priya’s comment, it worked for her dry skin as well..news to me since i was of the impression this is only for oily skin.
Hmmmm… INteresting.. :-/ :-/
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: going to buy this weekend. i seldom use moisturises coz of my oily skin..u convinced me! :laugh:
:-)) Oily skin definitely needs a good moisturiser Ansh…
Glad this worked 4 u Shyna :-)) My experience with neutrogena wasn’t that great 😕 :-/ 😕 😕
Oh!!but have you used this?i mean am not sure of their other products…i have heard people raving about this moisturiser though
even my experience wasnt that gud. it makes my T-ZONE oily within 1-2 hrs.
I swear by this product… its a boon for the oily skin 🙂
I am currently using the product, and have a normal-combination skin, though it initially gives me a matt effect (which i kinda prefer)….after 2-3 hrs (even tho i stay mostly indoors) my skin looks shiny (not oily) and kinda dull…i dunno if its the mosturiser..or the climate and pollution here in ahmedabad or sumthing else…..any suggestions? 😐
Hi girls , myself neha new to this blog .I have a combination oily skin now a days i am using aroma magiic aloe vera sunscreen gel but i m thinking that it is not giving me enough protection so I want to know that which one is better sunscreen for me neutrogena (usually doctor’s recommended )or lotus . if someone give me response then i want to ask some more questions too……….
hy neha. i have extremely oily skin n i wud say go for neutrogena…its awesome *happy dance* . lotus give breakout to loads of people…. *scared*
i really want try out wid some gud moisturizer….bt have no idea for whch one i shud go…..lookin at the neutrogena’s review….i m thinkin to go for it…bt still confused .cuz i have much f oily , pimply nd dark spot skin….. tired f it:'(…help me…plzz
hey..i hav been using their combination skin variant..widhout the spf, n its working wonders..has smbody used both?are they both similar in consistency n results..?if so,wud try this onetoo
i have oily& acne. i have been using ULTRAGUARD SPF40, it is not comfortable to me.can i use neutrogen oil free moisture?
I am having super oily wheatish skin and my wedding is on next month. I want to do makeup myself for the big day. What should be the products which i have to buy for a perfect bridal makeup?
Plz share your thoughts…..
neha lotus sunblock is better than neutrogena sunblock. neutrogena is very oily, lotus is matte.
Worst worst worst for the oily skin i must say…my dermatologist never recommends this…hate it after i once purchased it after my friend’s recommendation…
Hiii Shyna….actually i had bought various pdts on the recommendation of IMMB…. 😀
but dis tym about neutrogena oil free moisturizer….its been a very bad experience…. *scared*
I have a combination skin…but dis moisturizer made my skin dry ….with acnes around chin n cheeks where as my T-zone was fine…remained oil free….i dont know wt to do…whether to switch back to my himalaya baby moisturizer or try again dis neutorgena….. *scared*
Hi friends.. Need your help…. My skin type is oily and sensitive. So i scared to use any products but after reading reviews on imbb, I purchased neutrogena oily free moisturizer for first 2 days i felt good no oil on face but after 4 days my face becoming more oily compared to first so please help me why its happening. Shall i contiue to use this or switch to another moisturizer. Please help me.
Hey guys…a year before I used Neutrogena moisturizer widout spf …..I had a good experience wid it ..BT dis tym I thought of trying wid spf15 ..Nd m NT pretty sure if I need to apply sunscreen over it bcoz I feel my skin being darker ….