I hauled a lot of stuff from Neutrogena because I totally love their skincare and haircare products. Their cleansers, toners and hair masks have worked great for me. The Visibly Clear range is very popular and who wouldn’t want clear skin? I do get blackheads and whiteheads and recently my pores were clogging a lot, hence I had to try this. I also made my brother try this because you know guys, right? Why don’t they use good products? I forced him to use this so I could review better. He has a lot of blackheads, and who would have been a better person to try this? Let’s see how it worked.
• Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion is a unique cleanser which is made especially to help eliminate and prevent blackheads.
• It works deep down to remove dirt and oil trapped in your pores, removing the impurities that can lead to blackheads.
• It contains a powerful blackhead-fighting ingredient to help eliminate and prevent blackheads.
Skin is left visibly clean and clearer.
How to Use:
• Apply to a cotton pad and wipe over the neck and face, avoiding the delicate eye area.
• Do not rinse.
• For best results, use one or two times daily.
Rs 400 for 200 ml
My Experience with Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion:
The Neutrogena cleansing lotion comes in an entire range, but I have used the scrub previously, so got just this toner/cleanser to use. It comes in a see-through bottle with orange packaging which makes it easy to note the quantity getting used up. I love how Neutrogena plays with colours by giving different bright colours to each range to distinguish. The bottle is medium in size and not that heavy, so can be carried around. The cap is a flip open one and is little tight at times; hence we might just hurt our cuticles while opening this.
They call it a lotion. Does it look like one? It could be called a cleanser, right? Anyway, coming to the product, it claims to be clean-up for blackheads and is also supposed to prevent further blackheads. It might also work as a toner and a makeup remover. I was happy to see that at least alcohol was not the first ingredient, but unfortunately it was the second one. As soon as I take it on a cotton pad, I can smell a strong, chemical smell which smells exactly like alcohol. I wish these brands do something about that smell. A little quantity is needed to clean the face.
The strong smell created a burning wave near my eyes when I was cleaning my face. It cleanses my face very nicely and also removes the face makeup off. It is pretty gentle and did not burn, irritate or cause redness on my face unlike some toners that contain salicylic acid. But my brother screamed once because this burned very badly on a freshly pricked pimple. So you got to be careful with this. It removed out all the impurities, excess oil and dirt from my face and I could see it on the cotton pad. Also, it unclogged my pores very well and I could see my pore size decreasing a lot.
It will not minimise the pores in one day, but gradually it will for sure. For blackheads, it worked great for my brother. His blackheads were reasonably reduced and gone in just one week. So this did its job of removing blackheads. He hasn’t got any new blackheads recently because this cleanses his skin daily and helps to get rid of all the gunk. Hence, this range is designed mainly for the ones having lots of blackheads, so if you are one of them, you should try this range.
Pros of Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion:
• Good quantity available; product will go on for 1-2 months if used everyday
• An entire range available, getting the entire range will give excellent results
• The bottle is a see through one which makes it easier to understand when to re-stock
• It is a medium sized bottle hence travel-friendly
• Luckily the first ingredient is aqua and not alcohol
• This stuff does not irritate my skin or cause redness like some other products that contain salicylic acid
• It clears up all the clogged pores very well after using it for a week and my pores definitely looked smaller in size
• It cleanses out the dirt, oil and impurities from my skin very well
• This stuff is capable of removing even makeup except for the eye makeup; I did not try it on my eyes since there lives a demon in this lotion called alcohol
• It reduced blackheads on my brother’s face, I can see blackheads going away and this was also preventing them from coming back
Cons of Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion:
• I cannot deny the fact that it contains high level of alcohol
• It has a very strong alcohol smell which might give a burning wave to the eyes when used on the face
• It might sting on some skin types especially if you have a fresh or a pricked pimple
• Does it look like a lotion?
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion?
I wouldn’t get it again because I don’t face that blackhead issue a lot, but my brother would surely get it. It will also work as a good toner because it cleanses and tones the face well. But, I think for that we do have better toners out there.
This range is particularly designed only for those who have a lot of blackheads on their face. You got to try this out for getting rid of those monsters!
Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Cleansing Water
Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover
Toothpaste Pack To Clean Blackheads: Do It Yourself
Dos and Don’ts of Blackhead Removal
Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub
Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion
Mario Badescu Glycolic Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion