I think it’s the case with all of us – our energies dip down to zero level at night time and knowingly or unknowingly, we would be committing certain beauty blunders which we ideally should not. When you are sleeping at night, your body and skin repairs itself, so you should be doing the right things before you hit the bed so that your body cells go through the healing and repairing process smoothly. Skin cells go through regeneration process at night and you should avoid certain things that can create havoc for your skin, hair, and beauty. In this post, we jot down some beauty mistakes you should totally avoid so that you do not wake up with zits, pimples, and dull skin in the morning.
1. Not removing eye makeup completely: You wouldn’t want to wake up with puffy and swollen eyes, right? Do make it a point to take off your eye makeup completely with a good eye makeup remover/oil-based makeup remover. Our suggestions would be TBS Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter and L’Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.
2. Not brushing teeth at night: Dentists and beauty experts alike agree that brushing teeth before hitting the bed would keep your teeth in good condition and also keep mouth odor in check.
3. Sleeping on dirty pillows: If you are waking up every single day with breakouts on your face, do remember to frequently change your pillow covers. You might be doing everything right in your nighttime skin care regimen, but a dirty pillow can ruin your skin completely.
4. Skipping hand cream: As mentioned earlier, your body rejuvenates during the night and instead of waking up with dry hands, you would love how supple and soft your hands feel in the morning if you remember to properly moisturize your hands with a good hand cream at night.
5. Not wearing loose and comfortable clothes: Allow your skin to breathe by wearing loose and comfortable clothes. Sometimes, you might not have the energy enough to get out of your party outfit, but do remember to get into comfortable clothes before hitting the bed.
6. Drinking coffee and tea before bedtime: Coffee and tea can keep you awake and alert through the night and subtract those precious hours from your beauty sleep. Drink a hot cup of chocolate to get a good night’s sleep.
7. Tying the hair up tightly: Wearing your hair up tightly can damage your hair and weaken hair roots. If you have to keep the hair off your face, plait it up in loose braids.
8. Sleeping with makeup on: Sleeping with makeup on your face is a sin. Sleeping with makeup on can lead to clogged pores and acne breakouts. Allow your skin to breathe when you are sleeping and ensure that your face is completely clean.
9. Skipping Eye Cream: Treat your eyes to a good eye cream so that you wake up to bright and happy eyes. It’s a good time to treat your under eye circles too.
10. Don’t go to the bed thirsty: Water helps your bodily functions to run smoothly. You need to properly hydrate your body because it helps in clearing up the toxins from your body while you are asleep, but that does not mean you need to drink gallons of water before bed because that would mean frequent loo breaks that would disrupt your sleep. Drink a glass or two, that’s enough.
Additionally, for a good night’s sleep, do remember to take a relaxing bath with calming essential oils such as lavender and chamomile. Lighting up a few scented candles can also do wonders to relax and rejuvenate you.
Best Night Creams Available in India
Some Beauty Mistakes We Make in a Hurry
Some Common Questions on IMBB and Their Answers
Orange and Green Eye Makeup with Some Gold Tutorial
Beauty Mistakes that Make You Look Old
56 Chambor Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
35 Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
All MAC Lipsticks Photos and Swatches
MAC Red Lipstick
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
Top 5 Make Up Mistakes
7 Fashion Mistakes You Didn’t Know About
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid while Applying Mascara!
How to Avoid Blotchy Eye Shadow
6 Chemicals to Avoid in Beauty Products
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends