Hello to all IMBBians! It is the coldest season in Goa this year. The temperature may not be very chilling like in Delhi or so but we Goans are not used to even a slight drop of temperature. After reading the review by Ramya S on Nivea smooth Body Milk, I thought of reviewing my Nivea Nourishing Body Milk. It is a 24h, nourishing care for dry skin.
Actually my body skin is normal type, but during winters it looks like a land in draught, craving for some hydration and nourishment. I was using Boro plus Body lotion for the last three years in winters but this time it failed totally to protect my skin from the cold winds so I thought of changing my moisturizer and started grazing around cosmetic shops to find the perfect moisturizer for my lovely skin. Although my mother is a huge fan of Nivea it never attracted me but somehow I thought of going with the name and fame of the company. But thankfully it proved to be a fortunate thing that my skin is happy with it.
What the product claims:
Rich Caring Milk: the Daily intensive care especially developed to meet the needs of dry skin.
For skin that looks and feels great all day long: Enriched with skin own mousturisers, Serine and Alanine, the Rich Caring Milk works with the skin to stimulate its own moisture production in a natural way, reducing the roughness of dry skin perceptibility. The milk absorbs quickly to return the dry skin to its natural softness and smoothness leaving it smooth all day.
Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffin Oil, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum, Sodium Carbomer, Preservative, Serine, Alanine.
Best Before: 30 months of date of Manufacturing.
Directions for use: Use Nivea Nourishing Body Milk every time after shower or bath or after being out in the sun. Apply on arms and legs and all over your body.
Price and Packaging: Rs.198/- for 250 ml. it comes in the typical Nivea blue colored plastic container.
Appearance and smell: it is a milky white in colored and creamy not much liquid in nature. It has a lemony + typical Nivea cream kind of smell may be due to the Citrate in it.
Positive points of Nivea Nourishing Body Milk
1. After using it for 15 days continuously I found that, it smells really refreshing especially when applied early morning after bath and lingers for not more than half an hour.
2. Gives a cooling sensation when applied.
3. Light textured and absorbed quickly, within a minute or so you will not find any bit of it but just soft touch to the skin.
4. The skin totally gains its natural look without any oily layer. I myself can not actually make out that I have applied any thing.
5. But the skin feels soft and smooth on touching.
6. It certainly prevented my skin getting dried and flaky.
7. Packing is nice and you can take it in your travel bag as the cap is very tightly fitting.
8. It is worth for the price we are getting and its not a waste AT ALL….
Negative Points of Nivea Nourishing Body Milk
1. My dry skin patches are not gone completely but I think I need to use it more in quantity.
2. The smell does not last for too long…. unlike Boro plus lotion which use to make my room totally fragrant and all in the house use to know that I have applied my moisturizer…. Missing that…
3. It is not true to its claim of 24 hours of nourishment, I need to reapply it after coming home in the evening. Or else my hands and legs start feeling itchy in the morning.
4. I was just actually scared by reading the list of the chemicals on the bottle and using them on my skin, but could not find a herbal one that time and it was an emergency… but this is not a negative point,,, it’s my wish.. After finishing this I will try to find the herbal one, maybe I will switch back to my ex.
5. I just mistakenly applied it on my face one day and came to the conclusion that, it cannot be used on face, it made my face oily … and when I applied my Ponds TM on that, I felt like oil dropping from my face. Thankfully it did not break me out as I quickly washed my face.
Will I buy it again?
May be for next winters in emergency but I will buy a smaller bottle…for remaining days I will go with a herbal one. But for others who are okay with this can also use it in summers as it is a light textured one.
Rating: I will give it 3.75 out of 5 for the softness it provides to my skin and -0.25 for it being a chemical one.