Nivea Pearl And Beauty Shower Cream Oil Body Wash Review
Product being reviewed: Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash (and Loofah free with Nivea shower gel)
Price: Rs 145 for 250 ml
Shelf life: 2 or 3 years (not clearly mentioned)
What it claims to do: ‘Let the seductive scent of Tea Rose gently captivate your senses. The luxurious cream oil formula, enriched with precious pearl extract, envelops your skin with a soft, sensuous foam leaving your skin feeling beautifully soft and silky smooth. Relax and rejuvenate with every shower.’
It claims to be-
• ‘pH skin-balanced’
• ‘Skin tolerance dermatologically approved’
• ‘Nivea’s Hydra IQ moisture technology for soft skin feeling’
List of Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum | Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Benzophenone-4, Laureth-2, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 10316, CI 16035.
(A sticker regarding the quantity, price, batch no etc. had been pasted directly on the list of ingredients mentioned on the body wash bottle; so, I had to get the list from the loofah packet)
How to use Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash (as mentioned on the free loofah pack):
• Soak the loofah in water to ensure that it is soft and easy to use.
• Pour a coin-sized quantity of NIVEA shower gel onto the loofah and work it into rich lather.
• Scrub the loofah gently across the body and hair.
• Rinse off with water to reveal smooth, shining and revitalized skin.
• After bathing, rinse the loofah with water and hang to dry.
My experiences with Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash-
The body wash comes in a white colored, almost-opaque, plastic bottle with a flip-open cap. It has a runny consistency and looks like a white body lotion. When I used it for the first time, I took the specified quantity on the loofah but I found that a coin-sized drop of loofah doesn’t product adequate lather. Next day onwards, I took a little more and found that it produces rich lather and cleans the body of sweat and dirt, without making the skin dry. Indeed it leaves a soft and smooth feeling behind.
Pros of Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash:
- It cleans the body of sweat and dirt effectively.
- It does not leave the skin dry. After wash, skin feels soft, smooth and hydrated.
- The smell is mild and pleasant.
- I got a loofah free!
- It is affordably priced and can even be procured at discounted price.
- It is easily available, both online and offline.
- It lasts easily for more than a month at least, even when used regularly.
- In summers, you can tend to skip the after-bath moisturizing part if you use this body wash.
- Decent and easy-to-use packaging.
Cons of Nivea pearl and beauty shower cream oil body wash:
- Contains ingredients like SLS and Parabens.
- I don’t know why, it tends to leave both my palms (palms only) feeling dry, rough and wrinkled. Initially I thought it could be because of spending too much time bathing, but later, I realized that it was because of this particular body wash. (This feeling however goes away after seven to ten minutes of bathing and my palms re-gain its natural softness and smoothness, as if nothing had happened at all!)
- For adequate lathering, a coin-sized quantity on the loofah is not enough.
IMBB Rating: 3.75 / 5
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Nivea Visage Whitening Cleansing Foam
Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Facial Cream SPF 15 Tinted Day Cream
Nivea Visage Refreshing Toner
Nivea Visage Skin Refining Scrub
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Biotique Bio Peach Clarifying & Refining Peel-off Mask
Zeno Acne Clearing Device
3 Blackhead Clearing Scrub
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry
Biore Nose Pore Cleansing Strips Black
Nair Pretty Mini Wax Strips
T-Zone Nose Pore Strips: Instant Fix for Blackheads
21 thoughts on “Nivea Pearl And Beauty Shower Cream Oil Body Wash Review”
cant thank you enough for the review , somreeta 😉
i was about to buy this few weeks back due to its oil content , thank god i didn’t 🙂
thanxxx for saving my money 🙂
hey anshu!! its a good body wash…!!! true it has a few cons…nevertheless, its really good. did my review convey otherwise????
its just that being a nivea body wash i had high expectations from it and expecting a 4 point something rating 😉
omg palms dry and wrinkled…wil have to thick twice then na
ya…any idea as to why??? i mean i have never experienced such a thing with any body wash before…!?? dats the only big con i could find as the body wash works really well as a cleanser!!!
omg if its the one that i think it is, it smells soo YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!
indeed it smells very sweet 🙂
I’m bored of olay body washes..should try nivea now..thanks for sharing..
ya…even i changed over to nivea after olay!!! hope u like and do tell me if the ‘palm’ thing happens to u as well…if it is absolutely okay there, i must think that it doesnt suit me somehow 🙂
I think I have tried it… 🙂 Currently using Fiama de wills 😉
oh….i used Fiama loooooooong back!! almost like 5 or 6 yrs…..the orange 1!! 🙂 since u hav tried it, how did u like this nivea one?
Thanks for the review, Somreeta. I was planning to buy a new body wash soon. Have never tried a Nivea one before. Think I’ll give this one a chance. 😀 😀
go ahead…im sure u wil find it quite satisfactory 🙂
somreeta, guess it’s totally not for me. i look for moisturizing body washes because of my dry skin. and this leaving hands dry is totally not a good sign. I may be containing high amount of surfactants. Thanks for the heads up. 🙂
bt its such a contradictory state Rati!!!! it hydrates and leaves the whole body soft bt only for the palms… 🙁 if its really high n surfactants, its really nt a good sign!!
Hi… I have been a silent reader for a long time. But just thought I will share my experience with this product. It didn’t suit me at all. It caused really bad itching *all over*… I guess my skin is just too sensitive for this product. Yet, I have tried other nivea products, including body wash before and they didn’t give such a bad reaction. God knows, why this sudden reaction 🙂 But it has made hesitate in using this product, inspite of the bottle being almost full