I recently came across these newly launched lip balm from Nivea, and thought who wouldn’t want pampering for the lips with a bit of colour this winter! The lip balm phase has arrived and I am looking for different lip balms every now and then. I picked up both the variants available and here I am to review the “Red” one for you guys. Keep scrolling!
INR 200 for 4.8 grams
• NIVEA Care & Colour Red, intensively cares and provides subtle red colour.
• Inner Care core with Panthenol, intensively cares for your lips .
• Outer color coat leaves a wonderful subtle red colouring on your lips.
• Long lasting moisture.
My Experience with Nivea Red Care and Colour Lip Balm:
The Nivea care and colour lip balm, as expected, would give hydration along with some tint. But is there something new in this concept? I don’t think so because all the older Nivea lip balms have the same concept. I think this is a just a new way to market and sell their products to make more money! It comes in a colourful packaging which looks very cute if kept in a gift hamper. The lip balm comes in a white coloured packaging with the Nivea logo and the name over it in blue. Not very fancy. but okay.
It is travel-friendly and would fit into the pocket, makeup bag or handbag. It has this twisty thing at the bottom which works fine. The colour I picked up is Red. I wasn’t expecting a bold red, but yes a noticeable tint. The bullet comes in a light red colour with hints of pink. It has this circular formula in the middle which will provide hydration to the lips. The bullet glides very smoothly on my lips and just 2 swipes are enough to get the colour on my lips. It has a nice, fruity scent to it which lingers for a while on my lips.
It provides instant hydration to my lips and keeps them moisturised for around 3 hours and then the lip balm starts going off. It gives my lips a nice rosy tint which is not intense, but quite nicely visible on my lips since my lips are very light. But the tint is not extremely powerful to give a tint to pigmented lips or dark lips; hence their claim for colour isn’t very true. The tint also stays for around 2 hours and then a little touchup is required.
Initially when I apply the lips balm, the light red colour clings to the dry patches on my lips and settles into fine lines. Then it turns normal after a while. It will take 4-5 days to heal chapped and dry lips and I think even a small tube of Vaseline would do a better job than this. Hence I think it is a nice one to use currently, but I wouldn’t want you to get this because there are ample lip balms available. If you like only Nivea lip balms, then get this!
Pros of Nivea Red Care and Colour Lip Balm:
• Easily available in stores and on online portals too
• Convenient packaging which is travel-friendly and fits easily into the pocket and bags
• It glides very smoothly on the lips making them appear healthier and fuller
• It gives really good hydration to the lips and chapped lips get healed in 4-5 days
• It has a pleasant fruity scent to it which lingers for a while
• It keeps my lips hydrated for 3 hours which is reasonable and after that re-application is needed
• It gives a nice rosy red tint to my lips which looks very cute for everyday use
Cons of Nivea Red Care and Colour Lip Balm:
• The colour might cling to chapped portions initially
• The rosy tint will not appear on pigmented or dark lips
• I think this concept is nothing new; this is very similar to the older lip balms from Nivea
• No SPF
• They test on animals (they don’t do it themselves but sell in countries which do; so technically, yes they do!)
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Nivea Red Care and Colour Lip Balm?
No I wouldn’t! Although the product did well for my lips, I have ample of options to go for. I would probably go for the Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pop range which gives hydration and more tint than this one.
I think this is just a new way to market their old formula because this works similar to other Nivea lip balms!
Nivea In Shower Make Up Remover for Sensitive Skin
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm
Nivea In Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioner
Lakme Absolute Starlet Red Lip Tint Matte
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
L’Oreal Colour Protect Protecting Shampoo
The Body Shop Born Lippy Raspberry Lip Balm