WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Nivea Smooth Body Milk Review
Its winter time and even Chennai is chilly these days 🙂
Was happy to see so many moisturizers being reviewed in IMBB 🙂 And so I thought I’ll add my experience with my favorite moisturizer as well.
And yes, the brand has been around for ages and my mom is also a very big fan of their creams and lotions, right from the steel blue colored box of theirs. The brand is Nivea and this review is about the latest of their product, Nivea Smooth Body Milk.
I’ve been using nivea for a very long time and it has helped my dry skin so much. Their white colored plastic bottle one was my favorite for a very long time. During my pregnancy my skin was so thirsty that I’ve finished so many bottles of it. And now of enough of my blah blah and back to this product ☺
What it says in the bottle? Nivea Smooth Body Milk, For a Smooth Skin Sensation 24 H, Smooth care for dry skin.
The daily creamy and smooth 24 hour intensive moisturizer especially developed to meet the needs of dry skin. For Skin that looks and feels great all day long. The Nivea Body Smooth milk, enriched with Shea butter, Gingko extract and Vitamin E, has a light texture and is easy to spread on the skin. Its fast absorbing formulation moisturizes intensively, softens longlastingly and protects the skin from drying out.
Complete list of ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, paraffinum Liquidum, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Cylcomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG – 40 Stearate , Gingko biloba Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, parfum.
Directions for use: Use it every time after shower or bath, or being out in the sun. Apply on arms and legs and all over your body.
Price and Quantity: 218 INR for 250 ml.
Shelf years: Approximately 2 years.
My experience: Have been using it for quite some time now and really find it good for my dry skin. So here are the list of pros and cons according to me.
The good part about Nivea Smooth Body Milk
- It is very good for my dry skin. I don’t have the stretchy feeling due to dryness in my hands or legs.
- It is a thick moisturizer and u need just a little of it for one use.
- The effect of the moisturizer stays for a very long time, well atleast till you wash it off. Haven’t tested the 24 hour claim though…. 🙂
- The smell is mild and pleasant. It smells of….. nivea. Even if you have used one of their reams, you will know this smell. The smell however doesn’t stay on your body for a long time. I know this may not be a pro to many.
- My dry skin is also very sensitive. I’ve a big list of brands that I cannot use on my skin 🙁 but this pretty one did no harm to my skin. 🙂
- The quantity is good for the price and the product is available even in departmental stores.
- Liked the color of the bottle and its shape 😛
- The flip cap shuts tight.
Not so good part about Nivea Smooth Body Milk
- Methyparaben and propylparaben 🙁 I still don’t know if these things are ok in a skin care product. I’ve found them in J and J products too so I’m guessing it won’t harm much. But yes, would like to give the herbal ones a try next time.
- It doesn’t have a light texture as claimed. It is thick according to me. But it gets absorbed very quickly. So no problem with that.
- I’m sure this will not suit me in the summer. And it is definitely not for oily skin.
- It leaves a greasy film when applied on the face. That was my mistake as it is not mentioned anywhere that it can be used on the face too. Still, I tried 😉
Will I buy it again? Yes… for one or two more months. Then in the summer, I’ll need something lighter and I am thinking of trying something from herbal brands.
From my personal experience I would give it a rating of 3.5/5
Thanks for reading…… Hope it was useful 🙂